• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Dream! To Some Day Race An Elio

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can imagine a day when I can get a limited slip differential for My Elio and lower gearing, a push bar with off-road lights, 29x9.50 BF Goodridge mud terrain tires on all three corners, a roll bar, a 3 inch lift and 1000 miles of Baja California, Mexico dirt! Can you imagine what that would do for the reputation of Elio if it can survive something like this. Affordable and tough!

Any other great ideas?

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see an "Elio Cup" or "Spec Elio" one-make series like the MAZDA MX-5 Cup (http://www.mx-5cup.com/inside/) or Spec RX-7 (http://specrx7.com/). A brand-new competition-ready Elio could be build for under $9000, maybe under $8000 if "stripper" version could be bought from Elio (no seats, no carpet, no door panels, no AC, etc.). That's a bargain for a new bona fide race car.

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tFor sure. I have long thought the car would be easy to put a Miata rear subframe under the back so it would have 4 wheel independent suspension. With that it would be a very stable front wheel drive bodied cart essentially and I would autocross it. It probably wouldn't be as much fun for passengers as my V8 Miata though...
ms26bl.jpg

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tFor sure. I have long thought the car would be easy to put a Miata rear subframe under the back so it would have 4 wheel independent suspension. With that it would be a very stable front wheel drive bodied cart essentially and I would autocross it. It probably wouldn't be as much fun for passengers as my V8 Miata though...
ms26bl.jpg
Miatapoc.jpg

Nice, I do miss all the Miatas I've had. This was my first, even though it was N/A, still fun, this was at Pocono, good times...

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can imagine a day when I can get a limited slip differential for My Elio and lower gearing, a push bar with off-road lights, 29x9.50 BF Goodridge mud terrain tires on all three corners, a roll bar, a 3 inch lift and 1000 miles of Baja California, Mexico dirt! Can you imagine what that would do for the reputation of Elio if it can survive something like this. Affordable and tough!

Any other great ideas?

I've said for several years now that we will see Elio's on the race tracks around the nation. We are crazy race fanatics and will race anything with a motor in it from lawn mowers to motorized toilets.

Top Bottom