• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My New Ride...

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We keep a spare key fob battery in the glove compartment for just such an occasion, but our Toyota lets you start with a dead key fob by holding the fob in front of the start button first to register it. I am sure other models have a similar function.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My new ride. 2014 Honda CB500X. The X model is for off pavement riding with a couple inches extra suspension, but with some serious street capability. Seat height of only 30 inches which is nice for a 60 year old height challenged rider. My KLR (with 38,000 miles in the last 3 years)
IMG_20170801_214320469_HDR.jpg
has better off road capacity, but I am spending more time on Alaska gravel roads and easy dirt trails rather than tough off road. I will report back after my Trip to Yellowknife on the CB500 to let you know how it works on the Roads in the Northwest Territory of Canada.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My new ride. 2014 Honda CB500X. The X model is for off pavement riding with a couple inches extra suspension, but with some serious street capability. Seat height of only 30 inches which is nice for a 60 year old height challenged rider. My KLR (with 38,000 miles in the last 3 years) View attachment 22075 has better off road capacity, but I am spending more time on Alaska gravel roads and easy dirt trails rather than tough off road. I will report back after my Trip to Yellowknife on the CB500 to let you know how it works on the Roads in the Northwest Territory of Canada.
Goodluck on your ride in Alaska because I am on a road trip since May 28th from Beloit, Wisconsin and after 11, 280 miles I have met many bikers making the trip there. I am in Phoenix, Arizona because I am ahead of schedule due to the fires in many states having to change my route to Baja Sur California Mexico for the winter. The roads are quite a challenge in Alaska and Canada to keep yourself safe.

Last edited:

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goodluck on your ride in Alaska because I am on a road trip since May 28th from Beloit, Wisconsin and after 11, 280 miles I have met many bikers making the trip there. I am in Phoenix, Arizona because I am ahead of schedule due to the fires in many states having to change my route to Baja Sur California Mexico for the winter. The roads are quite a challenge in Alaska and Canada to keep yourself safe.

I went to Alaska last year. I took the KLR and we went up to Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse) and back. We only had 3 weeks and racked up 9019 miles total with 2500 or so on gravel and trails. Great trip and the KLR ate it up like a trooper. We even notched our Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 certificate (1000 miles in 24 hours). I am looking forward to next years ride to Yellowknife.

Your trip sounds great and I am a little jealous. Stay safe and check in once in a while to let us all know how you are doing.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to Alaska last year. I took the KLR and we went up to Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse) and back. We only had 3 weeks and racked up 9019 miles total with 2500 or so on gravel and trails. Great trip and the KLR ate it up like a trooper. We even notched our Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 certificate (1000 miles in 24 hours). I am looking forward to next years ride to Yellowknife.

Your trip sounds great and I am a little jealous. Stay safe and check in once in a while to let us all know how you are doing.

Thanks, take care, and this is my ride.... 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a 5.2 engine.

FB_IMG_1505335755493.jpg

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The jeep looks good and has way better rain protection than my KLR. Are you going to make it back to Wisconsin this year?
I am on a continuous trip like I was for 10.5 years traveling the world, since 1991 I had traveled and lived abroad 23 years. Returned to the US, waited for an Elio, purchased the Jeep September 1st, 2016 and the rest is history. If I had gotten word that the Elio was not going to be built in fall 2015, I would probably be in Europe. Canada was my 75th country I have visited.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What weighs4x an Elio?
gets one fourth the milage
has power to all wheels
has a turbo Charger
right hand drive
All power
and can go up into the state/federal forests? (1992 Japanese import )
and perfect for the PNW-
hi-
just stopping in for a brief visit
Waiting patiently without hope- 75 this year- had to get a new toy
Hope all is well.
IMG_3105.jpg
IMG_3106.jpg

Top Bottom