• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myers Motors Nmg2

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The NMG2 is a two seater (from what I could see) that is side by side.
I think either their web designer didn't get the specs right or didn't get the right specs. The future cars link in the original post says two seater, and yet their reservations page (http://www.myersmotors.com/reservations.html) and their FAQs (http://www.myersmotors.com/faq.html) clearly identify it as a single seater.

Their crowdfunding page is an interesting read: MM states that bringing a brand new car to market typically costs $500M to $1B, it has taken them 9 years to develop the electric power train, and they're bringing the car to market using only $20M, including federal safety testing and certification and at a production rate of 10,000 cars per year. See http://www.myersmotors.com/reservations-explained.html.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Myer bought out the bankrupt Corbin Motor's Sparrow rights a few years ago. Last year the Canadian startup Electrameccanica bought out the bankrupt Meyer Motors to start development of their Solo EV. They are currently taking Solo pre-order reservations claiming a 2016 production schedule. I like the concept, but an impossible timeline with no acutal Solo prototype built and or tested.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a recent email chat with Mike Corbin. Corbin is apparently in the process of resurrecting his bird and building 100 Sparrow 2's in 2016 claiming incredible aerodynamic styling, a new drive train, and battery upgrade. I can't wait to see it.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's no wonder that these countless individuals and organizations don't make it to market.
They don't even seem to have the decency to take their obsolete and kaput websites down...

Even after they've gone completely and irreversibly belly up!

Last edited:

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a recent email chat with Mike Corbin. Corbin is apparently in the process of resurrecting his bird and building 100 Sparrow 2's in 2016 claiming incredible aerodynamic styling, a new drive train, and battery upgrade. I can't wait to see it.

I read about Sparrow Motors. Would that be what they are talking about?

Wired Magazine - Sparrow 2: The Redemption of an EV Pioneer

Green Car Reports -
Corbin Tries To Resurrect Sparrow Electric Car. Would Anyone Care?
corbin-sparrow-2-single-seat-electric-car_100383583_m.jpg

I like that design. It reminds me of the Merlin.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes it is. Mike Corbin said the all new Sparrow 2 will the the most aerodynamic vehicle design on the road. I sensed that the Sparrow 2 image currently on their website is in for an extreme makeover: Styling, Drive train, and battery pack. He also, stated back in Dec. '15 that parts were starting to arrive at Corbin's production facility.

This is the original Sparrow 2 EV Concept rendering currently on Corbin Motor's web site, which I like, but I think the resurrected Bird's new aero styling is likely to put an even bigger smile on my face.
image.jpeg

This is my favorite Mike Corbin design!
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Mike Corbin said the all new Sparrow 2 will the the most aerodynamic vehicle design on the road. I sensed that the Sparrow 2 image currently on their website is in for an extreme makeover: Styling, Drive train, and battery pack. He also, stated back in Dec. '15 that parts were starting to arrive at Corbin's production facility.

This is the original Sparrow 2 EV Concept rendering currently on their websight, which I liked, but I think the resurrected Bird's new aero styling is likely to put an even bigger smile on my face.
View attachment 8055

This is my favorite Mike Corbin design!
View attachment 8057
What are they supposed to cost?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mike Corbin said he plans to build 100 units in 2016, so I'm 'guessing' a hand built limited edition Bird EV will be close to or exceed the cost of 4 base price Elio's and if actually built, not everybody's cup-o-tea price and/or drive train preference.

If the Bird flies out the door perhaps mass production would bring the cost down to 2-3 Elio's. I wish Mike Corbin success with his vision. I could buy a Bird EV as an everyday urban commuter, pending make me smile final design factor, performance specs, and final price point.

The Elio made me smile too the first time I saw it 8 years ago, but haven't smiled much lately with the exception of all the good positivity on this forum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom