• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nc Rep (&more)

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would encourage Eliophiles & friends to contact John Torbett and encourage him to come to the Charlotte show. Or, probably easier for him, the Raleigh show.
I'm sure a 'hands on' would give him a better appreciation of the difference between the E and a motorcycle.
.....(and the publicity wouldn't hurt)...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
copy of the email I sent :

Representative Torbett :

It is my understanding that you have been in communication with Joel Sheltrown, Elio Motors VP for Government Affairs,in regard to updating NC's motor vehicle code to keep pace with Elio Motor's autocycle. I have no doubt that their Elio will be popular in NC and I appreciate your efforts to bring about appropriate license and helmet changes. For your information, the Elio Motors tour will be in Charlotte Dec 5 - 7 at SouthPark Mall where they will have their model on display. The tour will move to Raleigh Dec 12 - 14.
If you happen to have time to drop by and take a look at the Elio I believe you will understand why legislation would be a very good thing the people in our state. It is my understanding that NC is one of only 5 states that hasn't already made the accommodations that you have discussed with Joel Shelton.
Thank you in advance for your attention to and consideration of this request

response to my email from Representative Torbett was inline with that shown above :

"Jim,
I am having bill drafted addressing concerns at this writing.

Hon. John Torbett
Representative
The People's House District 108
North Carolina General Assembly"

I take that as a good sign but do believe that it wouldn't hurt to have other folks from NC contact him. His email address : john@johntorbett.com

Jim

DeereMan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
copy of the email I sent :

Representative Torbett :

It is my understanding that you have been in communication with Joel Sheltrown, Elio Motors VP for Government Affairs,in regard to updating NC's motor vehicle code to keep pace with Elio Motor's autocycle. I have no doubt that their Elio will be popular in NC and I appreciate your efforts to bring about appropriate license and helmet changes. For your information, the Elio Motors tour will be in Charlotte Dec 5 - 7 at SouthPark Mall where they will have their model on display. The tour will move to Raleigh Dec 12 - 14.
If you happen to have time to drop by and take a look at the Elio I believe you will understand why legislation would be a very good thing the people in our state. It is my understanding that NC is one of only 5 states that hasn't already made the accommodations that you have discussed with Joel Shelton.
Thank you in advance for your attention to and consideration of this request

response to my email from Representative Torbett was inline with that shown above :

"Jim,
I am having bill drafted addressing concerns at this writing.

Hon. John Torbett
Representative
The People's House District 108
North Carolina General Assembly"

I take that as a good sign but do believe that it wouldn't hurt to have other folks from NC contact him. His email address : john@johntorbett.com

Jim
Thanks Jim, I decided that I would follow your lead and sent Rep. Torbett a message to let him know that I am in agreement with your letter and asked him to work diligently on this matter.

Ray

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I decided that I would follow your lead and sent Rep. Torbett a message to let him know that I am in agreement with your letter and asked him to work diligently on this matter.

Ray

can't hurt and should help .... I'm waiting for directions from Joel as to who to contact in the NC Senate

Jim

Top Bottom