• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New "all-in" From Dawsonville, Georgia

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Elio Tour to come to Georgia so I could see and sit in the car. Well it finally happened yesterday when I went to the air show in Rome, GA just to see the Elio. I waited my turn in line and met some very nice people waiting for their chance too. Reps from the company were walking up and down the line answering all of our many questions.

Then it was my turn to try the Elio on for size. I'm 6'2" with a large frame, wide in the shoulders and tip the scales at a healthy 285+ lbs. I've got two issues with most small cars not enough head room and not enough room side to side. Well when I slipped behind the wheel of the Elio I was one happy man. Plenty of head room and plenty of side-to-side room too! Speaking of room, the leg room is more than I need. With the seat in the rear most position I was easily able to stretch my legs out straight - sweet.

Very interesting view from behind the wheel. I could see the tops of each front wheel shroud and great visibility out the front and sides. Sitting front and center I had the feeling I was sitting in the cockpit of an aircraft. The car looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive. Very pleasant experience indeed.

Sitting in the car I knew what I was going to do next. I got out and walked over to a company representative and handed over a thousand dollars. So I'm "All-In" and just waiting to get my number in line!

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

BTW - Would love to hear from other Elio owners in the area.

Thanks for the great testimony!

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a special connection to Dawsonville, Ga.! My mother was born/raised there and I return to visit with kin, both living and passed, when I can. I have kin buried in the cemeraty there. Mostly CSA.
Have you ever heard of Houser Mill or a road by that name??
My linage goes back to that Mill.

Hello tazairforce,

I'm haven't heard of Houser Mill before so I googled it and it's only 10 minutes from the house. The mill must have been on Shoal Creek - wonder if anything remains of the mill. Next time your in town look me up and I'll buy you a beer and we can talk all about the latest Elio news.

I'd also like to hear about your CSA kin as I've developed a recent interest in my own family history. It's a shame now, but when I was younger it didn't interest me and now that I am interested all my family has passed so there is nobody left to ask - just some old documents, a family bible and photos to help on my search.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Elio Tour to come to Georgia so I could see and sit in the car. Well it finally happened yesterday when I went to the air show in Rome, GA just to see the Elio. I waited my turn in line and met some very nice people waiting for their chance too. Reps from the company were walking up and down the line answering all of our many questions.

Then it was my turn to try the Elio on for size. I'm 6'2" with a large frame, wide in the shoulders and tip the scales at a healthy 285+ lbs. I've got two issues with most small cars not enough head room and not enough room side to side. Well when I slipped behind the wheel of the Elio I was one happy man. Plenty of head room and plenty of side-to-side room too! Speaking of room, the leg room is more than I need. With the seat in the rear most position I was easily able to stretch my legs out straight - sweet.

Very interesting view from behind the wheel. I could see the tops of each front wheel shroud and great visibility out the front and sides. Sitting front and center I had the feeling I was sitting in the cockpit of an aircraft. The car looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive. Very pleasant experience indeed.

Sitting in the car I knew what I was going to do next. I got out and walked over to a company representative and handed over a thousand dollars. So I'm "All-In" and just waiting to get my number in line!

OctoberGlory
Dawsonville, GA

BTW - Would love to hear from other Elio owners in the area.
WELCOME, and CONGRATULATIONS, O.G., from the Bayou State, Louisiana!

Top Bottom