• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Funding For Elio!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
may be they can buy the full stock of Ford 3 cylinder Fiesta engines after Ford's recent announcement!
Those could be expensive with all the electronics but you bring up a good idea. Perhaps Ford suddenly will have the capacity to build simple motors and simply brand them all "Elio" or maybe "Elio powered by Ford". However, the killed auto lines may be made up by increased sales of SUVs which negates any extra engine build capacity.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just can't wrap my head around the idea of a want to be automotive manufacturer issuing a cryptocurrency. Even if they are calling it a “security token offering” instead. It makes about as much sense to me as if they had announced that they were going franchise a chain of bars serving water distilled from a comet's tail.

I hope they make it. And up until I read about the Eliocoin, I even thought there was still some chance.
Look at it like this though...

Elio stock offering probably wouldn't be attractive to typical investors because they don't yet produce anything.
However, if you started calling the stock by a different name, say, "Eliocoin", and then you vaguely say something like "Eliocoin can be used to purchase an Elio and each will be worth 1/4 the price of an Elio when making your purchase. Well, suddenly, you hit the "I want to make money and will buy anything crypto-based" crowd, the "I want to get into crypto but want something tangible" crowd, and possibly the "I'll invest in Elio but don't want to go through common stock" crowd.

I see Eliocoin as a simple stock that may or may not have a tangible connection to an actual real thing at some point... just like Elio stock.

ElioWallSteet

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Last edited:

ElioWallSteet

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio is doing an STO not an ICO. Big difference. The STO is legit and ICO is pure speculation. This is why Elio went the legit route.

But...in order to start an STO...a business must complete the traditional registration process of an IPO...thus
Elio Motors will face renewed SEC scrutiny and oversight...

And...speaking of SEC scrutiny...Overstock.com has it’s own set of problems in this area...

The Elio STO is very reminiscent of the failed NASDAQ attempt...

Do not expect a swift resolution of the proposed Elio STO...

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It seems I have to follow Warren Buffett’s approach: if you don’t understand it, don’t invest in it. I like cash, not made-up money.

Top Bottom