• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Headlights Could Be Dangerous

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the look of the P4 but the headlights are too close together. Someone is bound to misjudge the distance of an oncoming Elio particularly in the fog or other limited visibility conditions.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This very well may be true however if you drive defensively and are aware of what is happening on the road in front of you it really should not be a big issue. Motorcyclists have to do deal with these kinds of issues as a matter of routine as people do not always notice motorcyclists even though we always have our headlight(s) on day or night.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can i have whirly-gig light like on top of the street sweepers?
On a more realistic fanciful note, i would like to have more light(s) than less as an option. I am old, especially my pathetic eyes. A bright dash, bright exterior lights, i am always looking for a bright light so i can see something. I got a friend in the business that would compensate my diminishing eyesight by modifying the EE, but I would much rather just upgrade it at the factory.

The idea that because the headlights are close together would cause people to drive into it is as valid as the person driving is blind because the same could be said of all the motorcycles, and especially the ones with two headlights.

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
I ride with lights on all the time when I drive my Trexx 250cc. Never a problem it's bright sunshine yellow however since I live in Florida I will order my Elio in marshmallow white.
White is a good color down here but I remember a longtime ago almost Tboning a white Volvo during a snow storm. I guess if you live in Minnesota you should buy a dark color.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OR... and this is a big one... In a snowstorm (or during rain) they might consider... and this is risky... using headlights during precipitation as required by law... GASP! LOL. That's not a poke at anyone here in the forum. I just can't figure out why people can't figure out how/when to use their headlights, turn signals, etc... It's not like it's difficult. I can't tell you how many times I'd see that white or light grey car at the last minute during a good storm. I don't see how those people live long enough to procreate.

Top Bottom