• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Here, From Wilmington, Nc

Dave Wilder

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Dave Wilder and I live just North of Wilmington, NC. I've been an Elio fan for a couple of years, went "all in" at the $250 level on 4/17/2014 and then kicked it up as I could. I am now "all in" at $1000, as of 8/12/2015. My reservation number is 15037.

I am a 100% Disabled Veteran, injured in 2003 in Iraq. I was a Navy Chaplain for 20 years, 14 of those years serving Marines, and another 8 years working for the USMC as a civilian (28 total). Now I have my own ministry/business helping struggling marriages thrive, and I really love this work. You can look me up online at treasuredrelationships.com if you want to know more about this.

I've ridden motorcycles for about 50 years, but not so much since being injured. I ride a 1978 Honda GL1000 (original Gold Wing) mostly, when feeling up to doing so. I do have another bike, and my son has a V-Max that I've ridden a few times. About 4 years ago I started collecting stuff to build a reverse trike, using a Triumph TR6 frame, front suspension, seats, and roll bar; with a Yamaha Royal Star Venture engine and transmission. I've never finished that project and should probably sell it. I have the know-how, grew up working on cars, trucks, farm equipment, motorcycles, etc. I can wrench and weld, and am a fair body man. But my painting is not great, that's a real art that I never mastered. Now it is just too physically challenging most of the time to do that sort of work, so I am holding out for my Elio.

I've been on 3 Elio "FaceBook Groups" for quite a while, and check posts a couple of times a week. But, honestly, all the negative views expressed there get old. So I really only follow the "Elio Motors Owners Association" group closely.

So, I just ran across this forum this evening and thought I would check you guys out. Looking forward to learning and sharing more!

Blessings,
Dave Wilder

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Dave Wilder and I live just North of Wilmington, NC. I've been an Elio fan for a couple of years, went "all in" at the $250 level on 4/17/2014 and then kicked it up as I could. I am now "all in" at $1000, as of 8/12/2015. My reservation number is 15037.

I am a 100% Disabled Veteran, injured in 2003 in Iraq. I was a Navy Chaplain for 20 years, 14 of those years serving Marines, and another 8 years working for the USMC as a civilian (28 total). Now I have my own ministry/business helping struggling marriages thrive, and I really love this work. You can look me up online at treasuredrelationships.com if you want to know more about this.

I've ridden motorcycles for about 50 years, but not so much since being injured. I ride a 1978 Honda GL1000 (original Gold Wing) mostly, when feeling up to doing so. I do have another bike, and my son has a V-Max that I've ridden a few times. About 4 years ago I started collecting stuff to build a reverse trike, using a Triumph TR6 frame, front suspension, seats, and roll bar; with a Yamaha Royal Star Venture engine and transmission. I've never finished that project and should probably sell it. I have the know-how, grew up working on cars, trucks, farm equipment, motorcycles, etc. I can wrench and weld, and am a fair body man. But my painting is not great, that's a real art that I never mastered. Now it is just too physically challenging most of the time to do that sort of work, so I am holding out for my Elio.

I've been on 3 Elio "FaceBook Groups" for quite a while, and check posts a couple of times a week. But, honestly, all the negative views expressed there get old. So I really only follow the "Elio Motors Owners Association" group closely.

So, I just ran across this forum this evening and thought I would check you guys out. Looking forward to learning and sharing more!

Blessings,
Dave Wilder
Dave, welcome to the forum and to the Elio family. We have an entire thread for veterans and I encourage you to visit it. This group is mostly very positive even though we have a few disgruntled members and other members who just need to vent their frustrations every once in a while. You will find us helpful and friendly. Welcome again and enjoy both the experience and the journey with us

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Dave! Thankfully, no need for your services! My marriage has been thriving for 47 years and she is still my best friend.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Dave. Thanks for you service and sacrifice for the souls of our marines and our country. We are just trying to make the wait easier.

Top Bottom