• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Mexico Member List

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty, did you see? I got my number! :) Z
I did! I replied somewhere else! I'm so glad you finally got your number. It's actually quite low compared to some of the numbers coming out. In fact, if Elio produces at just 500 per day, you are only 4-5 days behind me. I can't wait to pick mine up... I'm tossed up between Marshmallow and Creamsicle though... I'm not a fan of white cars but sometimes they look okay and I'm worried that the orange could look washed out. Hopefully, I'll be seeing it in person in a couple of weeks. (unless they stick us with the old P3) Shoot, maybe they'll bring the Red Hot P5... True Blue P5? Whatever. Fun will be had by all.

riowalks

Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, riowalks. Here is what we have to date:

10/8 - 10/12
Albuquerque, NM
BALLOON FIESTA!!!
Wed - 5:45am - 8am
Thurs - Sat : 5:45am - 8pm
Sun - 5:45am - 8am

:) Z

Not happy!
Rearranged half a dozen items on my schedule over three days, including skipping a company luncheon today, so I could work through lunch and leave work early just so I could beat the traffic and head over to see the Elio at the Balloon Fiesta this afternoon. Got there at 4:15pm and the car was locked in a trailer with no one around. A lady passing by said she heard they might be back by 5:30pm. Sorry - but I wasn't going to stand around for over an hour based on a rumor. At least they didn't charge me to park.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not happy!
Rearranged half a dozen items on my schedule over three days, including skipping a company luncheon today, so I could work through lunch and leave work early just so I could beat the traffic and head over to see the Elio at the Balloon Fiesta this afternoon. Got there at 4:15pm and the car was locked in a trailer with no one around. A lady passing by said she heard they might be back by 5:30pm. Sorry - but I wasn't going to stand around for over an hour based on a rumor. At least they didn't charge me to park.
Bummer. I got there for the morning mass ascension and Elio was there. They should be there through the weekend and hopefully, you can get by there again.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Not happy!
bummer

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not happy!
I just went back to double check the EM website to see if I missed a change in time. The information I posted is all that is available to me. I'm sorry your trip to see the Elio was unsuccessful. I hope you will get another chance to go before they leave. :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not happy!
Riowalks, sorry you missed the Elio. I know you are disappointted and going back a second time is a real pain in the a--, but trust me it is worth the effort. I saw the P3 there last year and was immediately sure I wanted one. Unfortunately, I can't make the Balloon Fiesta to see the P4. Welcome to the forum and this eclectic group of Elio enthusiasts.

riowalks

Reaction score
My problem - I guess - is that I'm really not interested in the balloons and rather than fight the crowds at peak times I wanted to sneak in during a quieter one. But if they are going to advertise on their website that they are going to be there ALL DAY, they could've at least left a sign out saying "Back in XX minutes" or something.

riowalks

Reaction score
I just went back to double check the EM website to see if I missed a change in time. The information I posted is all that is available to me. I'm sorry your trip to see the Elio was unsuccessful. I hope you will get another chance to go before they leave. :) Z

Hope you didn't think I was blaming you. I double checked the website too. Even less than an hour before I went, just in case.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope you didn't think I was blaming you. I double checked the website too. Even less than an hour before I went, just in case.
No, I went back and checked because yesterday just happened to be a day I didn't live on here so I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. I wish you had left them a note with contact information because I bet you would have been contacted so you could go again. Jerome and his team have been very helpful whenever I have contacted them since I met them in Portland. If you go back, tell Jerome, Pamela or Kevin, Z said hi. If they say "who" say the lady from Portland in the Elio dress. I know Jerome remembers me because I have contacted him about a couple of events since then. I also encourage you to go back. I had to drive 7 hours round trip and never regretted the time or effort I went to. :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My problem - I guess - is that I'm really not interested in the balloons and rather than fight the crowds at peak times I wanted to sneak in during a quieter one. But if they are going to advertise on their website that they are going to be there ALL DAY, they could've at least left a sign out saying "Back in XX minutes" or something.
They had really good crowd control at the event. I parked at Intel and rode the bus in. It was very easy and required little walking. The Elio was on Main Street there and easy to get to.

Top Bottom