• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Site Direction?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
do a Google search for Three Wheeler Forums and you will find bunches of well established ones .... some general in nature, some more specific in nature .... do a Google search for BEX Three Wheeler forum and you get ZERO hits .... I support providing areas where all can be discussed but believe we need the BEX to be our anchor .... realizing anchors can come and go, if it ever should be wise to find another one, we could

I am not advanced enough with my build to have people consider it, is my honest reply.

I limit myself almost exclusively to my Facebook group, and this forum, with a few update posts occasionally in the 2 Elio Facebook groups. I feel there's already a large enough target market, of "X" percentage of the 65,000 Elio placeholders who are well informed enough of the concept, hence no Google hits.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely focused on reverse trike.

I'm trying to think of some possible names, any suggestions? Here's a couple I'm considering:

3wheelowners.com
3wheel.io (A little nod to elio in there)
3wheel.world
threewheel.world
threewheel.io

I just tried Google, and "3 wheel vehicles" got a massive search hit base, 1.1 billion, no other term i tried came close.

"three wheel vehicle", eg; word rather than number, was next at 800 million, all the other combos I tried were in tens of millions of hits.

So maybe the first one is the best: "3wheelowners.com", or if that is too selfish, then "3wheelvehicles.com".

Depends if you want to center on people's builds and interests, or 3 wheelers in general, news, new releases, etc ?

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I decided to go with 3wheel.io, I just like the subtle reference to elio in it.

We should be able to upgrade and move to the new domain within the next month. In the meantime I can create, delete, and reorganize the forums to whatever we like. After the move I'll send out an email to all our members.

So how should we lay this thing out? And what categories should we have? I'm pretty out of touch with any other 3 wheelers aside from BEX, anything we should focus on? I'll condense the elio forums down into a few and keep them for history sake.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of the history of three wheel vehicles. :)
https://www.hotcars.com/25-three-wheeled-cars-automakers-want-people-to-forget/

Most of the current three wheel R&D prototypes are trending to EV platforms and are being marketed as urban commuters. Seems to be the future whether we like EVs or not. 2 of my favorite:

AE79EAFF-02D4-4E1E-A3BC-4B57CE012549.jpeg

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I decided to go with 3wheel.io, I just like the subtle reference to elio in it.

We should be able to upgrade and move to the new domain within the next month. In the meantime I can create, delete, and reorganize the forums to whatever we like. After the move I'll send out an email to all our members.

So how should we lay this thing out? And what categories should we have? I'm pretty out of touch with any other 3 wheelers aside from BEX, anything we should focus on? I'll condense the elio forums down into a few and keep them for history sake.
"Moving ON" is a good idea. I have. I have a deposit on an Aptera. Aptera is an electric two seater from Aptera Motors, which is an electric vehicle start-up company. Yes, Yes, I know. I never learned anything. You don't have to tell me.

You asked "what categories should we have". I would like to see a category for the Aptera. Thanks.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I think a change would be good. But as to what?
I'm not sure about any one individual, although the seriousness of Mark Bex is impressive. Aptera is nice
The most common subject is likely the best. Something About 'Owners' could be a good segway.
But then maybe we are not owners as much as enthusiasts in general. But definitely we all want to own.

Other identifiers might be;

Autocycles (would get intrusion from the SideKick crowd I would think. Is that bad?)
Autocycle.com (already goes to somewhere)
Commuter Vehicles (too generic)
Kabinrollers (too euro)
CabinScooters (good topic, not widely known term)
3Wheel
ReverseTrike (seems to infer a different kind of vehicle, more for sport than anything else)
Trike is also problematic that it infers a preference for 1F2R over 2F1R.

But the good part about 3Wheel.io => is it is very short.
So I do like that one very much.
And we are not limited to just one car as Aptera.io would infer.

Although, I do have my deposit on an Aptera, I'm suspicious Mark Bex could be at the finishline first.
Aptera is strongly served elsewhere already, as is reverse trikes.

Probably should grab all of these that you can listed below
(in any of .io, .world and .com or .org if possible,) and point them all to this forum maybe titled as
'3 Wheel and Autocycle Owners - Current and Future owners of 2 and 3 wheel vehicles for private use and sport.'
you can also consider .scene or .owners? Also anything with s added, like CabinScooters.

3Wheel.io (& 3wheels.io)
3WheelRiders
AutocycleOwners.org
Autocycle.io
CabinScooter.io
StreetTrike (& StreetTrikeOwners)
ApteraOwners
ReverseTrikeOwners
KabinRollers
AutocycleRiders

I would like at least one that makes Mark feel at home, but doesn't put him in the crosshairs of a rifle scope.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PS, Don't drop ElioOwners, just point it to the new page title, what ever that may be.
For Example 3wheelers.com has several different URLs that go to that site.
oopps, lol, I noticed my face (in thumbnail pic) is on the front page of that

Top Bottom