• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Site Direction?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's ok, I post equal amount of updates here.

Is there a rendering of the BEX prototype build to provide us an idea of what members are getting excited about? Never mind, I found it!

Tens or hundreds of hours spent doing renders is tens or hundreds of hours not spent building the car.

I note over the years being involved in and running scratchbuilt car forums, that the more fancy the render, the less chance that it will make it to real life.

roof 1.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark, thanks! A render for me is simply a visual to determine whether or not I have interest in the concept based on styling. The most critical Phase 2 is the Beta test drive to determine whether or not it’s performance, handling, and driver comfort meets or exceeds my expectations to determine whether I buy it or not. My experience with startups is that most concept renders turn to vaporware long before the concept prototype build. The only three wheeler concept prototype build I’ve followed over the years that I’ve been able to test drive is Arcimoto’s FUV. The styling changed dramatically during the R&D process from the initial renderings to the fully certified production vehicle. All the others............vaporware.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can see that, but I find a lot of people have trouble for anything that doesn't end in .com.

Even Country specific I know people have problems, such as Australia: .com.au Canada: .com.ca etc.

3wheel.com won't work?

I googled 3wheel.com and it came back that it may be for sale.
3wheel.com is taken, it looks like someone is just sitting on it trying to make some money.

I was thinking about adding a tagline for the site like "Enclosed Reverse Trikes" or something like that, and we could refer to them as ERT's. Just an idea, is there a specific name for this type of vehicle that I don't know about? I was trying to think of something to differentiate us from polaris slingshot-type vehicles.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
from day one he has stated the inspiration for his project is the basic Elio shape ....that is one that those of us who have been here for while are well familiar with .... to that shape he has made one major change for the better .... that being going with 2 doors (front seat door on the driver's left and passenger's on the right) .... this change would bring with it a very welcome additional roll down window ..... his work in mounting the front suspension and motor has all been directed at staying within the Elio silhouette .... for me that's very positive and easy to understand

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3wheel.com is taken, it looks like someone is just sitting on it trying to make some money.

I was thinking about adding a tagline for the site like "Enclosed Reverse Trikes" or something like that, and we could refer to them as ERT's. Just an idea, is there a specific name for this type of vehicle that I don't know about? I was trying to think of something to differentiate us from polaris slingshot-type vehicles.
"Enclosed Reverse Trikes"
Yes.... would make a great tagline! This would differentiate and eliminate "toys" from dominating the site.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Autocycle Owners.com - Autocycle Enthusiasts.com - Autocycles.com - Autocycles Are Us.com -
Autocycle Addicts (AA).com - Former Elio Addict Autocycle Owners Club of America (FEAAOCA).com

Most States define enclosed three wheeler motorcycles as autocycles (as a direct result of Elio’s marketing campaign) to eliminate the motorcycle endorsement and helmet requirements.

Three wheelers is far to broad. Autocycles (enclosed three wheelers) seem to be our focused vehicle interest. Frankly, fully enclosed autocycles with steering wheels or handlebars are the only three wheelers I have interest in and the reason why I couldn’t take delivery of my Arcimoto FUV......no damn doors!. :(

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just an idea, is there a specific name for this type of vehicle that I don't know about? I was trying to think of something to differentiate us from polaris slingshot-type vehicles.

I see what you are saying, but not sure about that, vehicles like Vanderhall and the ilk, I wouldn't like to see pushed away.

I think it's somewhat of a limited market of which all Reverse Trikes should be inclusive. I am referring to vehicle types, not motorcycles that just happen to have 2 wheels at one end.

Just my opinion.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Similar vehicles threads could cover all other three wheeler motorcycles, like the Vanderhall, CanAm Spyder, Slingshot, Harley etc. Those MC manufacturers are likely to drift towards electrics and perhaps offer autocycle models in the near future to stay competitive.

Top Bottom