• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Site Direction?

Retired

Reaction score
Yup.... I’m in favor of a name change and new direction. I might have felt differently... if we had heard anything from the Elio camp during the last 18 months or so. The silence has been deafening.

It’s time to move on.

Personally, I’ve never been a fan of trikes. (One wheel up front.) They’re too dangerous in many situations. I’d feel safer on 2 wheels.

The “reversed” trike is a different story. I love the direction Mark’s project is going. If it turns out like I hope it does, I’ll be an owner.

I look forward to the new name and new direction of the forum. You got my vote ;)
I have a 3-wheeled vehicle, called a Harley Davidson Trike. Really like it.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After having inspected a Vanderhall-Venice yesterday, I was reviewing the 'Daymak Spiritus Ultimate' 3-wheeler.
While also a three wheeler, that vehicle is intended as the total opposite of an Elio. While both are a type of sport-fun, the Vanderhall players will be very different from the Daymak. The Elio was never intended for the sport of speed.

This made me remember some points about the three wheeler crowd. They are not cohesive.

While the three wheeler suggest a cohesive interest based on the platform, such as 2F1R vs 1F2R, this is just a case for confusion.
Really, truly, it is the interest in use of the vehicle that defines participation. For some people it is almost political in that they just go OCD about a category(OK self included).

When they get involved in online discussions, it's obvious they don't share or understand the same values as each other AND that it never occurred to them this maters. At that point you have never seen such angst between writers. This forum was not ever lifted to that level of chaos that is possible. If you like a WWF tiff, then by all means watch a discussion about what is the best 3 wheeler, where two posters do not know the values and goals of the other. (quite often they don't even care) It becomes a proxy-fight about values without directly confronting those values.

The Elio centered this scope of talk by the distinction of interest in an efficient, inexpensive commuter car. That narrowed the differences.

To some degree you can separate and orientate people by carefully setting topic area's, maybe pushing sociable seating one way, tandem to the other, tilting or non away from each other, and sports platforms away from green. Certainly you want the Trike Motorcycles well marked away from the autocycles. So when people get in there they don't forget who their listeners are.

But this does not fully delineate the interests of people. Once we leave our limits on the Elio, this diversity will flower.
A careful consideration of categories and sections will probably go well toward making this site both popular as well as more enjoyable.

I don't know how best to separate based on interests, but it should be considered.

Last edited:

Dasher

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Considering the current state of the Elio, I’d like to get your opinions on an idea for the forum.

I was reading through @Mark BEX ’s thread on his new vehicle and remarked that we should change the name to “BEX Owners.” That got me thinking that maybe we really should change the name and direction of the forum, maybe shift to just a general 3 wheel vehicle forum?

We’ve also got a big software upgrade coming soon, could be a good time to rebrand and send out an update to all our members.

Thoughts?
I'm 'All In' with the forum moving on. Thanks for the new direction. I'm not on FB either, and am particularly interested in following Mark BEX's three wheeler progress. I was 64 when I signed up with Elio (#3336). I'll be 72 this year and I know there are many others in the forum who are older than me. Sure would like to drive a BEX three wheel vehicle before I'm 80!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure it's asking a little much, but ...

We can see who is currently online in the forum. It would be nice to be able to open a chat dialog with whom ever is shown on that list. The similar feature is the private message, but that isn't as tasty as a chat window. And if that chat could be joined by invitation that would be even better. But too, you would need to not allow that for people who are blocked.

By invitation means from the ongoing dialog, we could invite others to join that thread of discussion. But it would also be polite to allow everyone in that thread to agree(or not) to allow the invitation to be extended. Chat are sometimes preferable, especially if the content can not be saved or copied. We all make cancel culture mistakes, and that limits the risks.

I know that is a big extension to the current functionality. But it is super cool and within currently desirable tech.

Top Bottom