• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New To Blog, Old To Reservation

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But many of us are with you: the idea of 2 people traveling in the Elio with one bag in the "trunk" to hold all the stuff... will be hard to be gone more than one night.

Elio does have a roof rack, but not for bags... so far it's just a rack for one of the following: bicycle, surfboard, or snow skis.[/QUOTE]

If the people who are making the roof racks don't provide a small container that will attach where the skis or board or bike goes someone else will certainly see the opportunity and provide one. The rack builders should try to make the container folks work easier.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Greetings fellow Elio fans. Learned of Elio when it first hit the internet. Sent in our reservation deposit right away. The wait has been long. But, I'll stay patient and eager to drive away in my new Elio.
I have a question and hope to get an answer. Will a trailer hitch be an available option or a frame work that I can add a hitch to? I would like to tow a motorcycle type trailer to be able to tour our country. Any answer out there?

Welcome sew4you!
The latest (that I remember) about the "trailer hitch" is...
1) Not in the first production year.
2) will probably void the warranty. (first year)

There are several members here (myself included) who have discussed fabricating our own hitch & our own trailers. This also involves accepting "personal responsibility" for safety issues. I (will) also want to make sure my insurance will cover it. (P.S. please don't call your insurance agent and ask if they will cover "pulling a "fictional trailer" behind a vehicle that (currently) does not exist). ;)

And yes, a three wheeled vehicle CAN safely pull an trailer. Can-Ams do it. :)

Top Bottom