• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New To Site, 1711 On Rsvp List (2013!), Should I Invest Also?

blueskyvet

Reaction score
Hi all thanks for reading, I put a grand down over 2 years ago and have been casually watching, now my buddy and I are pondering whether to invest in the crowdfunding and trying to assess the risk. My research led me to this site (was vaguely aware it existed), and I'm wondering if there is discussion I can read on the investment, and the general sense from the people whom have reserved a vehicle already. Trying to separate my desire for this to succeed from objectivity with investment, and still invest with conscience.

Thanks for any feedback!!!!

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

For me, the Elio investments are very "chicken or the egg". If people don't invest, Elio won't be successful. If Elio isn't more successful (showing meaningful progress) people won't invest!

I ended up investing the minimum on top of the $1000 all in. I figured if I was brave enough to put the $1000 down, then in order to make the Elio a reality it would require those of us that want it to happen to try and make it happen.

That being said, people should only invest if they can afford to lose it. No matter how good things looks or how enthusiastic people on this forum are, this is a VERY risky venture compared to other investments. Don't invest with the idea that you will make a ton of money. Invest because you want to see Elio succeed. If Elio succeeds, the return on investment will be the cherry on top.

blueskyvet

Reaction score
Thanks, after I submitted that post, I spent an hour reading threads on the site. I then went and matched my grand all in and bought 83 shares for $996. I spent way more on a few days on vacation, and after realizing where I am in line (wow I took a blind leap of faith more than 2 years ago), I invested for the very reasons you indicated. But I really do like cherries!!!

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, after I submitted that post, I spent an hour reading threads on the site. I then went and matched my grand all in and bought 83 shares for $996. I spent way more on a few days on vacation, and after realizing where I am in line (wow I took a blind leap of faith more than 2 years ago), I invested for the very reasons you indicated. But I really do like cherries!!!
16,000,996 shares! Lol

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I add my welcome. We have people from all disciplines here and a few undisciplined ones, too. You know who you are! Anyway, should you have a question that you can't find via the search, feel free to ask away. We won't hesitate to give facts, opinions, and then steer the conversation off course for a while. But, we DO tend to have fun!

Top Bottom