• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Newbie, Sign In, And Models

MajTerry

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Terry - All In #4387. I've been following Elio for some time, but just now joined this group. I got may chance to sit in the P4 when it was in Denver last week. I'm am completely hooked after that! To set character as a real "bitch and moan" kind of guy, I want to complain about the "capcha" at the enrollment. I'm a rancher (Highland cattle and Clydesdale horses) and the question was "What animal goes "moo" - the answer , after several tries was "cow" - and well, yes, cows go "moo" but so do steers, bulls, heifers, bullocks and oxen, and all are "cattle" - which should bet the answer! Oh well, I'm not known as an "old coot" for nothing. here's an idea - I'd like to see some model company pick up the Elio. You could get a plastic model, in base white, with all the options available, that was you could paint it as you want yours (with special designs too) and outfit it they way yours will be. Unfortunately, they too "live by the numbers" and would not consider it until production has started and it's popularity proven. An r/c model would be even better. I AM thinking of building a scratch model (maybe 1/12 scale - "action figures" would then fit in.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Terry - All In #4387. I've been following Elio for some time, but just now joined this group. I got may chance to sit in the P4 when it was in Denver last week. I'm am completely hooked after that! To set character as a real "bitch and moan" kind of guy, I want to complain about the "capcha" at the enrollment. I'm a rancher (Highland cattle and Clydesdale horses) and the question was "What animal goes "moo" - the answer , after several tries was "cow" - and well, yes, cows go "moo" but so do steers, bulls, heifers, bullocks and oxen, and all are "cattle" - which should bet the answer! Oh well, I'm not known as an "old coot" for nothing. here's an idea - I'd like to see some model company pick up the Elio. You could get a plastic model, in base white, with all the options available, that was you could paint it as you want yours (with special designs too) and outfit it they way yours will be. Unfortunately, they too "live by the numbers" and would not consider it until production has started and it's popularity proven. An r/c model would be even better. I AM thinking of building a scratch model (maybe 1/12 scale - "action figures" would then fit in.
Hi and welcome from Oregon, MajTerry. Lucky you - you have your number. Many of us on here are waiting for Wednesday's release (or at least we hope that will be it). We are definitely hooked. Personally, I am finding the delay in getting our Elios a small blessing in disguise. 1. I am setting aside money each month so my down payment will be considerably more than $1500. 2. I am learning a lot about a lot of things on this forum. This is a gold mine of information about the Elio and other auto and non-auto issues. I hope you find it as pleasurable as I do because it really helps to pass the time. See you next year when we are driving our new Elios. :-) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Until then, if I can get a data-set from the designers, it's possible to 3d Print one. I'll see if I can ask about that. G.O, if you can get one from your contacts.... hint hint..

Speaking of which, if Elio supplied a data-set(graphic file) to Match-Box, they may well put it into the toy world.

Last edited:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. Some of us are even older coots.:D

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Hey Terry! I've driven through Calhan many a time. From my town to Colorado Springs, that's the direct route.

Another thread on this forum has a discussion about r/c models and toys.

Glad you got to go see it in Denver, did you see it at the Broomfield location or at Taste of CO?

Yogi Leigh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Got any Budweiser to go with those Clydesdale horses?
Can you put a saddle on a Clydesdale (with a ladder) and ride them?
I'm not a city slicker. Things are a little simpler here out in the country.
Here in Nebraska, fun on the farm consists of watching our fainting goats on the Fourth of July. Nice to have another red neck on this site. :p

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got any Budweiser to go with those Clydesdale horses?
Can you put a saddle on a Clydesdale (with a ladder) and ride them?
I'm not a city slicker. Things are a little simpler here out in the country.
Here in Nebraska, fun on the farm consists of watching our fainting goats on the Fourth of July. Nice to have another red neck on this site. :p
I take it, then, that your sign in of Yogi does not represent a Yoga Yogi or practitioner. :-) Z

Yogi Leigh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It's Yogi like the bear and his friend Boo-Boo. Too young of a old coot to remember that cartoon? I like pic-a-nic baskets.
Seriously, can you ride a Clydesdale?

Top Bottom