• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Newbie, Sign In, And Models

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's Yogi like the bear and his friend Boo-Boo. Too young of a old coot to remember that cartoon? I like pic-a-nic baskets.
Seriously, can you ride a Clydesdale?
I guess I simply don't think in terms of cartoons. I wasn't exposed to them myself much, until I had boys of my own and they are now in their 40s. Another one of those things I missed and didn't. LOL :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Terry - All In #4387. I've been following Elio for some time, but just now joined this group. I got may chance to sit in the P4 when it was in Denver last week. I'm am completely hooked after that! To set character as a real "bitch and moan" kind of guy, I want to complain about the "capcha" at the enrollment. I'm a rancher (Highland cattle and Clydesdale horses) and the question was "What animal goes "moo" - the answer , after several tries was "cow" - and well, yes, cows go "moo" but so do steers, bulls, heifers, bullocks and oxen, and all are "cattle" - which should bet the answer! Oh well, I'm not known as an "old coot" for nothing. here's an idea - I'd like to see some model company pick up the Elio. You could get a plastic model, in base white, with all the options available, that was you could paint it as you want yours (with special designs too) and outfit it they way yours will be. Unfortunately, they too "live by the numbers" and would not consider it until production has started and it's popularity proven. An r/c model would be even better. I AM thinking of building a scratch model (maybe 1/12 scale - "action figures" would then fit in.
Welcome Yogi. You are just a kid compared to some of us. Age doesn't matter, its all about attitude and you seem to have a positive one. Like many of us as soon as we saw it we had to sit in it. Once you sit down you are immediately hooked. Glad you found the forum and we look forward to your comments, opinions, and suggestions. Welcome and enjoy the journey with us.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Terry - All In #4387. I've been following Elio for some time, but just now joined this group. I got may chance to sit in the P4 when it was in Denver last week. I'm am completely hooked after that! To set character as a real "bitch and moan" kind of guy, I want to complain about the "capcha" at the enrollment. I'm a rancher (Highland cattle and Clydesdale horses) and the question was "What animal goes "moo" - the answer , after several tries was "cow" - and well, yes, cows go "moo" but so do steers, bulls, heifers, bullocks and oxen, and all are "cattle" - which should bet the answer! Oh well, I'm not known as an "old coot" for nothing. here's an idea - I'd like to see some model company pick up the Elio. You could get a plastic model, in base white, with all the options available, that was you could paint it as you want yours (with special designs too) and outfit it they way yours will be. Unfortunately, they too "live by the numbers" and would not consider it until production has started and it's popularity proven. An r/c model would be even better. I AM thinking of building a scratch model (maybe 1/12 scale - "action figures" would then fit in.
WELCOME, Major, and CONGRATULATINS!

MajTerry

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Until then, if I can get a data-set from the designers, it's possible to 3d Print one. I'll see if I can ask about that. G.O, if you can get one from your contacts.... hint hint..

Speaking of which, if Elio supplied a data-set(graphic file) to Match-Box, they may well put it into the toy world.
Actually they have a great set of engineering drawings in the gallery - that's what I am going to use to carve an Elio model from (dense foam with a resin shell). I'm the chief modeler for the Peterson Air and Space Museum. Currently working on a 1:10 F-4 (version of P-38).

MajTerry

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey Terry! I've driven through Calhan many a time. From my town to Colorado Springs, that's the direct route.

Another thread on this forum has a discussion about r/c models and toys.

Glad you got to go see it in Denver, did you see it at the Broomfield location or at Taste of CO?
From your picture, are you a broadcaster or ham? (N0VCI for me), I've not seen the toy/model thread - but I'm going there next. I'm 3 1/2 miles SW of Calhan, a mile south of Hwy 24 we're the only place on the south side of the road for a 31/2 mile stretch! Big white gate with "Bonny Burn Ranch" over the top.

MajTerry

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey Terry! I've driven through Calhan many a time. From my town to Colorado Springs, that's the direct route.

Another thread on this forum has a discussion about r/c models and toys.

Glad you got to go see it in Denver, did you see it at the Broomfield location or at Taste of CO?
Forgot to answer - saw it at the Flat Irons Mall. And yes - I CAN get in it (I'm 100% disabled vet).

MajTerry

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Got any Budweiser to go with those Clydesdale horses?
Can you put a saddle on a Clydesdale (with a ladder) and ride them?
I'm not a city slicker. Things are a little simpler here out in the country.
Here in Nebraska, fun on the farm consists of watching our fainting goats on the Fourth of July. Nice to have another red neck on this site. :p
Actually many people DO ride them Clydes are the smallest of the draft horses - People always think of the Bud Clydes, but they are all too tall for the breed standard, and are actually a breeding line of thier very own. My grand-dad brought the first black Clydes to the US on a White Star freighter from Glasgow. My wife rides ours - it's usual to have a draft saddle with a "boarding stirrup" - that's a 3rd stirrup that drops down on a strap, then once you are on, it hooks back up on the saddle. Mounting blocks work too.

Top Bottom