• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

News Flash! Jerome Gets His Licks In With Jalopnik!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny, if GM went to Elio and asked to buy right to produce the motor so they could use it in the Spark?
(The Spark is like what the Metro used to be) A Spark, using an Elio motor, kind of like Elio using the Metro motor; this way to could come full circle.

Sorry, just a random thought.

Know anyone @ GM? Rhetorical
question. I bet Paul @ Geno do....

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand GM has no love for EM. Advise not approaching them
I suspect you are correct. If EM was not in the building, GM could probably get it back. EM is in the way. Ty pointed out it was one of their better facilities.

It appears to me, these assembly buildings are highly specialized buildings. The building and assembly equipment are so integrated, it probably can not be used for anything else, unlike the more general buildings on the premises. This is probably what was meant when it was told to some Cado parish members the building may have to be torn down if it would not be filled by an auto company. Racers Trust is probably so patient with EM because they know only an auto manufacturing company can use such a specialized building. The other buildings are more general purpose.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect you are correct. If EM was not in the building, GM could probably get it back. EM is in the way. Ty pointed out it was one of their better facilities.

It appears to me, these assembly buildings are highly specialized buildings. The building and assembly equipment are so integrated, it probably can not be used for anything else, unlike the more general buildings on the premises. This is probably what was meant when it was told to some Cado parish members the building may have to be torn down if it would not be filled by an auto company. Racers Trust is probably so patient with EM because they know only an auto manufacturing company can use such a specialized building. The other buildings are more general purpose.
GM walked away from that building in the bankruptcy, they don't want it; or want it back. They closed that one, and kept others open, I wonder why that was; oh yeah, they quit building that type of vehicle (it wasn't making enough money for GM).

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If GM wanted to get that building back, how difficult would it be? Suppose they went to Cado parish and local media and said "We have the money to start renovating that building immediately in full force and producing vehicles in a short time, employing many, many people." I wonder how the parish and media would react.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand GM has no love for EM. Advise not approaching them

GM is in business to make money.
If a bespoke engine meets their
bottom line they will pounce on
it.....all the hard part has been
done, no R&D necessary. I
would love to be in on the
current engine sales negotiations......

Top Bottom