• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Fun At All!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well. Up here in MO we got around 8" of rain in the last couple days, and it ain't done with us yet. I live near the Meramec River and it's supposed to have a 'historic crest' on Weds., 30.5' above flood stage, my house sits at 31' :eek:. Even though my house is equipped with a sump pump and does a pretty good job on 'normal' rainfall amounts, it can't keep up with the present water table and is seeping up all along the perimeter of the basement (a finished one at that). The wife and I did "flood watch" last night with the ShopVacs, 2 hours shifts, because it's seeping at a rate of around 15 gallons per hour (dump it three times per clean up). Going to be playing this game until Thursday most likely. Luckily I'm off until Jan. 4, so the crazy sleep schedule won't mess with me too much. Everything on the south side of the train tracks (visible from my house) will be under at least 4' of muddy-ass water, but if you bought a house on that side of town you can almost expect it every few years.

Not looking for sympathy as MANY people across the US have been devastated by the crazy weather this year, and no evacuation order has been posted for our area (yet) ["right" side of the tracks, so to speak], but it might help explain strange post times at ungodly times of the morning for the next few days.;)

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually this crazy weather here made for a good holiday. Yesterday it was near 70. I road my bicycle about 100 miles last week. Sometimes, In just a T-shirt. That's unheard of here in late December. Its cooled down some now, but even today its 45. Suppose to be 57 tomorrow.

Wish you the best with the flood.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We were dry and in the 70's Christmas Eve/Day....and then the rain started. :mad:
I think we'll be alright as long as the power doesn't go out [knock wood!].

On the bright side If it was snow, we'd have 10' of it.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uhmm... Just saw your post on the NFL page, and I hope you flood up to your ankles...seagulls, hmmph!!:mad:;)

Actually, I'm a die-hard Bronco fan, but anybody that beats the Seagulls is okay with me....Just happened to be the 'local boys' this time.:D;)
You 'may' have a little revenge tonight with the Bengals. Pretty sure Peyton's still out of the line up.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, and hope you have a generator. Might try 4-6 hour shifts. Doesn't mess up the sleep schedule nearly as bad. Good luck Friend!:fish2:

Good idea. 4 hours per shift. Gotta make a run to Lowe's. Noticed some 'dry bearing' sounds coming out of the vacuum when I spin it down to dump the water [hasn't shut off except to dump in better than 30 hours]. Might check the generators while I'm there. A friend of my Sister-in-law's that lives two blocks south of me just had the power killed to her house and was told to evacuate. Got to keep the sump running or I'll be in deep sh*t...maybe literally if the sewer facility looses power!:eek:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good idea. 4 hours per shift. Gotta make a run to Lowe's. Noticed some 'dry bearing' sounds coming out of the vacuum when I spin it down to dump the water [hasn't shut off except to dump in better than 30 hours]. Might check the generators while I'm there. A friend of my Sister-in-law's that lives two blocks south of me just had the power killed to her house and was told to evacuate. Got to keep the sump running or I'll be in deep sh*t...maybe literally if the sewer facility looses power!:eek:
See what happens when you bad mouth the Seahawks
We just got done with 23 days straight rain (like 14" total) had two dry days, and now the surrounding towns to my place have an inch of snow. It's 39 and that's the warmest it's been in 2 weeks.
OK, I'm done with the weather curses we're both suffering; sorry to hear that the water is getting in your place.

Why not get a second pump or does your sump have enough room for two or just a bigger one?

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a brother and a brother-in-law who are Denver Donkey fans... just goes to show, you can't choose your relatives..and try harbor freight for a generator, if one is close by...

Top Bottom