• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Guarantees...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm funding his education to the tune of $30k/year. His gift will be graduating without a mountain of debt. He *might* get a card, but a new car? Oh, hell no.

that is one heck of a gift indeed, he is a very lucky young fellow .... we had 3 in college at the same time, one is in his last 8 months of what will be 10 years of training to become a doctor .... we did what we could to help all 3 but the reality was, they had to do most of it themselves ....

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to take exception with the claim of a guarantee to Cado Parish.
No such guarantee was made to Cado Parish.
It was made to RACER Trust.
That is essentially true, but it is missing some vital information. Why does Racer Trust need a guarantee from Elio that they will produce 1500 jobs? Because Racer Trust is on the hook to Caddo Parish for those jobs as part of Racer's deal with Caddo. Caddo did the deal because they were promised the jobs. For a variety of reasons, the deal between Elio and Caddo fell through, but when Racer stepped into the middle, the resulting two deals come pretty close to the original anticipated deal. What we now have is: Elio promises jobs to Racer. Racer promises jobs to Caddo. Without that guarantee, Racer would not have been able to get the plant. But you are correct, Elio does not have a contract with Caddo.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel for you guys , some have been on board since 08. I've been fortunate to have only been in since summer of 14.
Of all the risky start ups I invested in thru the years, this company has the best chance of succeeding, in my opinion.
Yes, I picked a lot of duds thru the years.:(
Just a question, how do you know your number (35041) is your reservation number? I thought only 1k all in got ASIL? I think we are light years away from 1k all in w/ 35,000 folks

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Its my place in line number. I put $100 down. I will send in the $900 when things are a bit more firm.
The only one that have SIL's (Spot In Line) are the folks that did a $1,000 All In deposit; no one else has a #
At the time you did your deposit, it may have been your receipt number, and the more people that put in higher amount, the further back you move.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why? I use mine all the time.
Remember, we tell people that it rains all the time; when those that live here know better.
rain doesn't seem to be deturring anyone, they just spread their money over their heads to stay dry. I think I'd move to fForida if I had to commute to work. Folks have already spent an hour or so just to get to where I'm at. (3 miles to downtown)
20 minutes on the bus-fare is 2.75 each way, seniors a buck- I think I meet 2 of the three requirements for living here-
Tattoos- check
Vegan- check
I lose not being in my 30's, and the kids earning in a year that would have taken me at least two.
well XI:XX, time to turn in.
snow at 4500 feet this morning!! when it gets to sea level I'm screwed.

Top Bottom