• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Not Ready To Pull The Trigger Just Yet...

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those who are interested but haven't put in a reservation/deposit yet, why not?

For me $1000 is a lot of money. Even $100 is something that I could be using for something else. I'm interested but before I'm spending money I need to feel a little more confident that it will be built before my unborn child gets a license. I would say that I'm waiting on the dyno results. Once Elio announces that they are happy with the dyno results and ready to produce prototypes for testing, I'll go all in at $10p and work my way up from there.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
early on I made up my mind that I wasn't going to put any money down until I was convinced EM was making an honest and dedicated effort to get into production and until I could see the P4 in person .... note, being convinced that they are making an honest and dedicated effort isn't equal to being convinced it will go into production at any certain time .... getting to visit the tour when it was in Charlotte and speaking with Jerome satisfied both of my requirements .... I really don't believe that anyone would should put down any "All In" money that they can't afford to lose .... the "Want In" group was created for just such folks where whatever they put down is refundable .... the point if/when a person decides to make a reservation will vary with their individual circumstances and I don't know of buy a very few circumstances where anyone else can make that decision for them .... if/when the time's right for you, hopefully you will know it and be at peace with whatever decision you make

Jim

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must be a sucker! I saw it on a Saturday morning on "Bing - What's Trending", investigated it all morning long while the wife and her sister were out shopping [Shoot me first! :confused:], Threw down 1k Monday morning...Still plan on cleaning my garage to make room for it next year.......still have 9 months to get around to it. ;)

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My biggest concern is the funding of the project. Have Elio got the grants they were after? It seems to have gone quiet on this topic. I know they publicised that they had cleared some of the hurdles needed but I don't recall that they had actually succeeded in obtaining the capital.

No, I haven't put any money down, but I'd buy an Elio if it proves possible to register one in UK.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must be a sucker! I saw it on a Saturday morning on "Bing - What's Trending", investigated it all morning long while the wife and her sister were out shopping [Shoot me first! :confused:], Threw down 1k Monday morning...Still plan on cleaning my garage to make room for it next year.......still have 9 months to get around to it. ;)

Here Ya go. Better start cleaning!;)
image.jpg

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My biggest concern is the funding of the project. Have Elio got the grants they were after? It seems to have gone quiet on this topic. I know they publicised that they had cleared some of the hurdles needed but I don't recall that they had actually succeeded in obtaining the capital.

Yep, cash will be the killer, no matter how solid is the product, nor how enthusiastic the much bleeding edge customers.

The govt ATVM loan has not been approved (Bright Automotive applied in 2008, waited, folded in 2012).

If EM has obtained $10Ms or $100Ms from investors, why is that not EM's BIG NEWS?

"take EM word for it" isn't good enough for my $1000.

btw, if the ATVM loan is the make-or-break issue but DoE refuses because DoE and White House don't want to risk another Repug/Fox/right-wing hate-media fabricated "picking-winners-and-losers" sh!t storm like Fiskers, then you should thank the Repugs for losing your $1000.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
is EM pinching pennies, I think there is little doubt .... are they close to being financially insolvent, I doubt it .... when I spoke with Jerome in Charlotte, he listened and recommended, for our circumstances, we put down $100 .... if they were cash starved, I suspect he may have recommended a much larger denomination .... I believe that Jerome knows the details of the company's in's and out's, bottom line, its not a scam, I don't believe for a second that they are in for the moment .... nor do I have any doubt that they will bring the project into production ....

Jim

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me, purchasing has always been, it's risk vs. gain, Not just in this vehicle, but in all my major purchases- house-cars- computers etc.
Then it becomes want vs. need. For me, I want it, it'll be my "&" car. filling a hole left by giving up motorcycle riding.
If you don't/can't afford to take the risk, then for sure I would wait. I'm fortunite to be in a position to "risk" the 1k (sweetened w/ the $500 incentive) and lose it all, but with each month I am sure, that "soon" (when is the most unknown) I will be driving the future of transportation exceeded by just how cool it looks and feels (sat in it few weeks ago).
I've always had a big problem with delayed gratification, and my therapist says this too will be good for me (LOL)
I wish us all the best in each of our decisions, and wave to me when we pass each other!!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What a boring world this would be if no one took a chance. If no one stepped up and tried something new. Anything worth doing has risk.
At my house we are the type to jump out of the plane , to climb the rock to jump in the water. We test the stun gun on each other.
Jumping into the ELIO was not a big deal . When I showed the others I had hit send on the $1000 the first questions was should we maybe sign up for two.
I understand some feel the need to sit in the back of the class. Someone has to fill those seats but not us. We want to see The ELIO make it. Next time you think someone needs to do something to beat the high gas prices to make transportation more affordable, look in the mirror .

Top Bottom