• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Notice: Birmingham & New Orleans Dates Changed Again

Ragtop

Elio Fan
Reaction score
What is the deal with Elio changing the dates multiple times. Do they just have one car and driver to carry out on the road? Pretty weak, I think. 3rd time I have changed my schedule for Birmingham. Even though I have money on one I am not so overwhelmed with Elio. Are we really to believe they will be out in 2015 or will that date be pushed back also.

Don't get me wrong I think Elio is cool, so was the "Slinky" when it first came out. After all Elio is just another tadpole design like Can-Am or my Catrike. So step up to the plate Elio Motors and get some out for your paying customers to see, the T-shirt and bumper sticker are wearing a little thin.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is this Birmingham date solid? If so, I'm going to take off and drive over to see it.
No, it has been postponed to summer. The Elio is in Phoenix this weekend. Birmingham will get an entire weekend visit in the summer to make up for the two cancelations. The same is true of New Orleans. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. :-) Z

Ragtop

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am really disappointed in Elio Motors. Birmingham has been bumped back again. Now it supposedly is in late Oct. As of the Elio news I received today, Elio is ending the 50% discount program Sept. 1st. Now I am forced to make a purchasing decision before I actually sit in or see an Elio in person. I have been "all in" for $100 for a long time; I think my order number is about 8500. Because Elio kept announcing a Birmingham showing I thought I would wait until I could sit in one before I went "all in" for $1000. I am a big guy and just wanted to make sure I fit in it before buying it. To me it was worth the $100 commitment, even if I did not fit to help promote a great idea for an American product.

But now I will have to decide to go "all in" and get the 50% discount without seeing and sitting in one. It seems like Elio would at least let people drive to the factory to see one. Or is there anything at the factory but a locked gate? At the factory. I think there should at least be a security guard, a secretary, a sales representative in a temporary office trailer for potential customers with the money to put a deposit on one.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I am really disappointed in Elio Motors. Birmingham has been bumped back again. Now it supposedly is in late Oct. As of the Elio news I received today, Elio is ending the 50% discount program Sept. 1st. Now I am forced to make a purchasing decision before I actually sit in or see an Elio in person. I have been "all in" for $100 for a long time; I think my order number is about 8500. Because Elio kept announcing a Birmingham showing I thought I would wait until I could sit in one before I went "all in" for $1000. I am a big guy and just wanted to make sure I fit in it before buying it. To me it was worth the $100 commitment, even if I did not fit to help promote a great idea for an American product.

But now I will have to decide to go "all in" and get the 50% discount without seeing and sitting in one. It seems like Elio would at least let people drive to the factory to see one. Or is there anything at the factory but a locked gate? At the factory. I think there should at least be a security guard, a secretary, a sales representative in a temporary office trailer for potential customers with the money to put a deposit on one.

I think many of us can completely understand your frustration. I myself have not seen the P4 in person yet and was planning to see it in Birmingham however just like you I had to experience the delays. Unfortunately what we now know is that EM just had some better offers for bigger events and media exposure which required shuffling the schedule around and ended up with Birmingham being shuffled out.

The good news is that even if you decide to wait and can not take advantage of the 50% offer you will not lose out completely as Elio Motors announced today that it would be replaced with a 25% bonus.

There is nothing going on at the factory right now and I don't expect to see much of anything going on until about six months prior to production when they will likely start doing some of the heavier plant reconfiguration work in advance of hiring and training new people which is supposed to begin about three months before production begins.

Top Bottom