• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nuclear Power For Electric Elios. Ok It's About Thorium.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The U.S, had one of these running, trouble-free, for 22,000 hours. Then we walked away for reasons given above. Definitely time to revisit the subject, and I for one hope to see my Elio before the first LFTR is built in this country -- though it may be a close race!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The U.S, had one of these running, trouble-free, for 22,000 hours. Then we walked away for reasons given above. Definitely time to revisit the subject, and I for one hope to see my Elio before the first LFTR is built in this country -- though it may be a close race!
Thorium just doesn't have energetic enough reactions to make it viable unfortunately.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
81hEZSr4lkL._SL1500_.jpg

Id rather have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Brunton-F-REA...1443193017&sr=8-1&keywords=hydrogen+fuel+cell

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thorium just doesn't have energetic enough reactions to make it viable unfortunately.
Well, again, the video claims otherwise. But yes, you've seeded some doubt. So in 10years we'll find out, or not. Which is also a finding.

So on cold fusion.... I have no idea about the veracity of this person, but I was getting some time in at the unemployment office around 2005, and there was this somewhat Hispanic guy in a very expensive suit. I kind of started up a conversation, just cause I'm like that. I've dealt with some Mensa people before and this guy was like that. Just had all the traits I was used to. Anyway, using my car ideas as a interest enhancer, I was able to dig out his story.

He said he'd got laid off from one of the research outfits ?locally?, a recognizable name in high-energy, not GE however, I forget which. But while things were winding down, he had a chance to try some things out in the lab with nobody checking up on him. Going on a hunch he says he made up some kind of Piezoelectric substrata, some mix of water and (I forget what), used three 'pings' of different ultrasonics to split the water and get things going. Then the O and H would immediately recombine, the substrata both cultivated the electric output and fed back into the reaction. A bit of water was consumed and a bit of 'He' was exhaled. From the look of things outside, a bit of fusion was going on, and it self sustained.

I'm not sure how this differs from that other 'cold-fusion' experiment gone wrong.

The big issue he was having is a reliable way to not have the whole thing blow-up when starting, which it liked to do. So he kept things to a very small scale. But often as not, he'd get it going.

My part of this story is true, his part, ?no peer review obviously? How often do Mensa people pull your leg? I did not ask him about fusion, just proved I was a technology interested person with my own thing going on, and a inquisitive mind. I did not 'pump' him into that direction, it just fell into my lap, more or less.

OK one big admission in this, this is true too, and a bit 'deep' and maybe the better part of the story, You see, I do my own spiritual prayer/mediation thing. I did one about 30days prior to the Mensa guy. I asked that could I be shown if 'ultimate' technology secrets exist we could be given if only we were trustable enough to not do more harm than good. To me, 'ultimate tech' are things like inter-dimensional tech or infinite energy or warp travel, that kind of thing.

Yes, Trekie stuff indeed. Yes, seriously I really did this. So this is a two part inquiry, technology is the first issue. And second, are we limited, i.e not given, because of our 'human developmental problems'. As a society, as individuals, if we had infinite energy, even if just electricity, what would we do and become, starting at this point? Do you think we'd respect each other, let alone something like nature?

One other part to the meditation, I also said it didn't have to be a real item, just one that suggested the scenario exists. i.e. are we limited from some futuristic potential by our own lack of worthiness? If my Mensa adventure resulted from my request, then I have my answer.

The last thing I got from him, he said he couldn't seem to find a job in the USA right now, he was considering an offer from overseas. I did snag his business card(from that lab), but somehow I've never found it again, even having tucked it safely away in my briefcase. Apparently, universal answers are not provable or directly transferable. :-)

So am I 'pulling your leg'? Each person gets to decide based on your own perception and experience. To me, perception skills are one of those "human developmental" subjects. Experiences result from it's interactions in life.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, again, the video claims otherwise. But yes, you've seeded some doubt. So in 10years we'll find out, or not. Which is also a finding.

So on cold fusion.... I have no idea about the veracity of this person, but I was getting some time in at the unemployment office around 2005, and there was this somewhat Hispanic guy in a very expensive suit. I kind of started up a conversation, just cause I'm like that. I've dealt with some Mensa people before and this guy was like that. Just had all the traits I was used to. Anyway, using my car ideas as a interest enhancer, I was able to dig out his story.

He said he'd got laid off from one of the research outfits ?locally?, a recognizable name in high-energy, not GE however, I forget which. But while things were winding down, he had a chance to try some things out in the lab with nobody checking up on him. Going on a hunch he says he made up some kind of Piezoelectric substrata, some mix of water and (I forget what), used three 'pings' of different ultrasonics to split the water and get things going. Then the O and H would immediately recombine, the substrata both cultivated the electric output and fed back into the reaction. A bit of water was consumed and a bit of 'He' was exhaled. From the look of things outside, a bit of fusion was going on, and it self sustained.

I'm not sure how this differs from that other 'cold-fusion' experiment gone wrong.

The big issue he was having is a reliable way to not have the whole thing blow-up when starting, which it liked to do. So he kept things to a very small scale. But often as not, he'd get it going.

My part of this story is true, his part, ?no peer review obviously? How often do Mensa people pull your leg? I did not ask him about fusion, just proved I was a technology interested person with my own thing going on, and a inquisitive mind. I did not 'pump' him into that direction, it just fell into my lap, more or less.

OK one big admission in this, this is true too, and a bit 'deep' and maybe the better part of the story, You see, I do my own spiritual prayer/mediation thing. I did one about 30days prior to the Mensa guy. I asked that could I be shown if 'ultimate' technology secrets exist we could be given if only we were trustable enough to not do more harm than good. To me, 'ultimate tech' are things like inter-dimensional tech or infinite energy or warp travel, that kind of thing.

Yes, Trekie stuff indeed. Yes, seriously I really did this. So this is a two part inquiry, technology is the first issue. And second, are we limited, i.e not given, because of our 'human developmental problems'. As a society, as individuals, if we had infinite energy, even if just electricity, what would we do and become, starting at this point? Do you think we'd respect each other, let alone something like nature?

One other part to the meditation, I also said it didn't have to be a real item, just one that suggested the scenario exists. i.e. are we limited from some futuristic potential by our own lack of worthiness? If my Mensa adventure resulted from my request, then I have my answer.

The last thing I got from him, he said he couldn't seem to find a job in the USA right now, he was considering an offer from overseas. I did snag his business card(from that lab), but somehow I've never found it again, even having tucked it safely away in my briefcase. Apparently, universal answers are not provable or directly transferable. :-)

So am I 'pulling your leg'? Each person gets to decide based on your own perception and experience. To me, perception skills are one of those "human developmental" subjects. Experiences result from it's interactions in life.

The entire issue can be summed up as follows in that famous scene on the swamp planet in Star Wars -------------
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTocOvAp5STVmMA7yAOwHFn7CGn3iEK7En0dmL3DhMWdAIB_JQ.jpg

Too many times the boss doesn't believe it and won't let you try.
That is why a company fails.

Top Bottom