• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nw Chicago Burbs This Weekend

Reaction score
I am very pleased to have found out you're south of where I live this weekend AND I was planning to head down that way for 2 other things that day.

I am a $1000 reservation owner and I viewed the Elio in a park on the Prairie Path I think out on the northwest side last year - you guys got a ticket from one of Chicago's finest for being there.;-)

I'm 7'4" tall. The Elio was great for the trunk of my body, gave me great visibility I think even out the front which
given the angle of vision of my head in most cars I can't see the stop lights when stopped at a light in some cases.

My problem lies in my knees and the dash I think particularly on the right side. On the prototype you brought last year I clearly could not operate the gas and brake, or if I could navigate the controls, one with a manual transmission which I would prefer. I was told by the designer on hand that there was not a lot behind the dash on the right side that perhaps some of it could be removed. The other idea was extension of the seat track, perhaps compromising the space behind me.

I know you have bigger issues to tackle, but if you considered a design like Chevrolet did a couple years ago with their Sonic and Cruze, and put tracks on the drivers seat to go back even further, you would automatically
be driveable by the ultra tall - and what a good advertisement to sell your product. I certainly would like to promote this product but I have to be able to drive it.

Anyways, I hope to be able to answer some of these questions for myself with your help on Saturday.

Dave Rasmussen
damtalldave@gmail.com

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am very pleased to have found out you're south of where I live this weekend AND I was planning to head down that way for 2 other things that day.

I am a $1000 reservation owner and I viewed the Elio in a park on the Prairie Path I think out on the northwest side last year - you guys got a ticket from one of Chicago's finest for being there.;-)

I'm 7'4" tall. The Elio was great for the trunk of my body, gave me great visibility I think even out the front which
given the angle of vision of my head in most cars I can't see the stop lights when stopped at a light in some cases.

My problem lies in my knees and the dash I think particularly on the right side. On the prototype you brought last year I clearly could not operate the gas and brake, or if I could navigate the controls, one with a manual transmission which I would prefer. I was told by the designer on hand that there was not a lot behind the dash on the right side that perhaps some of it could be removed. The other idea was extension of the seat track, perhaps compromising the space behind me.

I know you have bigger issues to tackle, but if you considered a design like Chevrolet did a couple years ago with their Sonic and Cruze, and put tracks on the drivers seat to go back even further, you would automatically
be driveable by the ultra tall - and what a good advertisement to sell your product. I certainly would like to promote this product but I have to be able to drive it.

Anyways, I hope to be able to answer some of these questions for myself with your help on Saturday.

Dave Rasmussen
damtalldave@gmail.com
7'4"!, WOW, what cars DO you fit into?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Dave Rasmussen
damtalldave@gmail.com
Welcome to the forum and for your impressions of the Elio. Though your comments were very informative and helpful. That's what makes this forum so exceptional. People willing to make honest comments without hostility or prejudice. Thanks for your candor and welcome to the Elio experience.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
7'4"!, WOW, what cars DO you fit into?
Maybe something like this Bowers.
tallcar.jpg

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Dave Rasmussen
damtalldave@gmail.com
Welcome Dave! You say you're in for $1000.00? Do you have your number yet?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Dave Rasmussen
damtalldave@gmail.com
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Dave. We are not really affiliated with Elio Motors so I highly recommend you send of copy of your comments to them directly. This is a very diverse group of Elio lovers who are spending the waiting time discussing all things Elio as well as many other subjects. There is a lot of knowledge within the group so someone may even be able to suggest some possible solutions for your particular Elio issue. I am not on Facebook but I understand the Elio Facebook page is getting fairly fast responses to questions. The thing is, in my opinion, it is better to ask now instead of waiting until the Elio is in production. If they know you are coming and are committed they may be able to make some special accommodations on your particular Elio. It certainly is worth the effort to ask. I wish you luck and look forward to more input from your perspective as we move forward. I am from the other end of the spectrum - 5' 1 7/8" (I call it 5'2"). I have already heard the seat can be manually raised by a lever so that I will be able to see out the window. LOL Obviously a problem you don't have and I am glad to hear you can see the stop lights. That at least is something. I hope you enjoy this exciting adventure as we journey towards Elio production and Ownership. Next year in our Elios! :-) Z

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
David,
Thanks for your take on the Elio. What is your inseam size ???
I'm 6'5" but have a 36" inseam .... so my problems, like yours, stem from leg room being an issue.

Wizard....res holder :)

PS

Fellow owners, I'm going to Columbus this weekend to see the P3 (:() was hoping to see the P4 but can't get the time off. Is there any big difference in the cabin from the P4 to the P4??? Thanks

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
David,
Thanks for your take on the Elio. What is your inseam size ???
I'm 6'5" but have a 36" inseam .... so my problems, like yours, stem from leg room being an issue.

Wizard....res holder :)

PS

Fellow owners, I'm going to Columbus this weekend to see the P3 :)() was hoping to see the P4 but can't get the time off. Is there any big difference in the cabin from the P4 to the P4??? Thanks
I believe the rear seat headroom in the P4 is a few inches less than in the P3. Otherwise, very similar as far as I know. I also believe the P5 will have rear seat headroom increased to something similar to the P3.

Top Bottom