• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oct. 23rd 2015 Scottsdale Pep Boys Event

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerome said at one point:

"Has the A+ program enabled other funding options?> YES, it has, very much so, money attracts money. At some point there will be an IPO, it will also have energized that."

Jerome said there will be an IPO. It has been said on this forum, an IPO by EM is impossible.

Any ideas? Speculations? Comments?

I'll be the first to admit that I have no knowledge of the in's and out's of rules/process for having an IPO .... I do know Jerome and have confidence if he says they plan to do so, he knows what he's talking about

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't do better collecting and reporting this info. The last two times I've gone to a showing, I've been a bit sick. I'm actually not sick all that often so it's a bit frustrating to have that occur once again. There were not a lot of us current 'all-in' people there, so I'm glad to have went.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't do better collecting and reporting this info. The last two times I've gone to a showing, I've been a bit sick. I'm actually not sick all that often so it's a bit frustrating to have that occur once again. There were not a lot of us current 'all-in' people there, so I'm glad to have went.
Not a problem. Your post on the resubmission got me curious. I found it on the secdatabase site:

http://www.secdatabase.com/CIK/1531266/Company-Name/ELIO-MOTORS-INC.

120 pages, submitted on October 21st.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AriLea:
If you are the person that was taking a picture of the Elio engine poster and we were talking to Jerome at the same time, I was the INSIGHTER that had brought along a group of 10 fellow INSIGHTERS to see the ELIO.
I spent most of the time there answering questions from the INSIGHTERS and talked to Jerome briefly. The females (Elio staff) didn't give much new information. The two male reps are new. I didn't recognize them, over the past 4 times I've seen the Elio.
The rear hatch may be "Coil Spring" operated. "The left rear wheel cover will be on a hinge." There is "no concern" about the exhaust pipe exiting the side of the vehicle near the gas filler location. It will be about 6" in front of and well below the filler cap. (Min. Heat). My conclusion also. I tried to get info on the tire and all was said is that it will be a 15" wheel.
I saw that they are already missing two of the set allen screws for the front fenders. Seems to me they should be a little bit bigger in size due to the way the fenders are held on.
No solid info on the front hood hatch pins, etc.
I informed one of the females that if Cooper is the tire supplier, that did make, at one time, a LRR tire that was good for about a 5% better mileage, but in a 14" size. She wasn't familiar on that. We need better information on the tire and wheel size. 4 lug vs. 5 lug etc. Alum or steel? (Is the tire size a 135?) Maybe we can get better clarification on that.
The ignition will be a "Crank Fire" system. No Distributor. Sensors for the crank and cam. A coil per cylinder will be used. (Similar to what my INSIGHT uses.)
When questioned about insulation, Jerome said that that is still being questioned. We both agreed that styrofoam (sp) could be a good choice.
Good when used in NASCAR, good enough for me. They won't be using the "Spray" foam type insulation.
The front seat reclines WAY BACK, good for sleeping in the vehicle. I tested that. Very comfortable. The largest INSIGHTER we had along was around 6-3 and 260 pounds. He felt comfortable in the drivers seat.

HTH
Willie
Our "Caravan" from SD/LA areas averaged 57-62 mpg for the viewing, running at a consistent 75-80 mph. on I-10. Around 360 miles.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for all that. I was definitely a little out of it. Glad I met you there. I did not interact with people as much as usual, and had to exit a little early. How many current reservation holders do you think showed up in total, (with or without their shirts)?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerome said:

"We aren't doing these shows anymore for the reservations. It's all well and good, but in some ways we angle towards flexibility for who the first cars go to. For example we have tons of business interest we'd like to support, but their requirements vary considerably. For some the delivery has to be under a time limit and if all reservations were taken we couldn't support that. "

He said they have "tons of business interest" and indicates the reservations are in the way of these large fleet deliveries because businesses have time constraints on deliveries. This is looking more and more like fleet deliveries are what will happen between reservation deliveries (at 6 months) and opening of the stores (at 12 months).

If reservations will be getting in the way, why would they continue taking them? Jerome says they are not doing the tours any longer to get reservations. I hope they will notify us before they cut the reservations off. Some of us want a second Elio.

If reservations are in the way of the large fleet deliveries, I believe at some point Elio Motors will stop taking reservations and will instead start taking "requests". A request would not have any commitment on when their vehicle would be produced. Thus Elio Motors can concentrate on the more "sporatic" fleet deliveries and use the requests as filler. That is, build the "request" vehicles between the large fleet builds and thus no time is wasted. The requests would be used as filler.

I have an email from Elio Motors saying they would notify when reservations are about to end. I hope they live up to their word. They can notify only the reservation holders if they are afraid of a large landslide of reservations coming in.
If reservations are in the way of the large fleet deliveries, I believe at some point Elio Motors will stop taking reservations and will instead start taking "requests". A request would not have any commitment on when their vehicle would be produced. Thus Elio Motors can concentrate on the more "sporatic" fleet deliveries and use the requests as filler. That is, build the "request" vehicles between the large fleet builds and thus no time is wasted. The requests would be used as filler.

I have an email from Elio Motors saying they would notify when reservations are about to end. I hope they live up to their word. They can notify only the reservation holders if they are afraid of a large landslide of reservations coming in.

Top Bottom