• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oem Radio & Envionment Controls

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, so a few years ago I wanted to swap the radio out in my '06 Chevy Cobalt. Turns out the environment controls were built into the board on the OEM radio. You can't replace the radio without also shelling out the bucks for a separate board for the controls. Couple of hundred if I am remembering correctly (its been a while) I'm sure they did it to save costs.

So, it hit me, being that the Elio is (ahem) budget minded, and that I am looking to replace the radio asap after purchase (want navigation and all that & don't like the Skyz), should I be budgeting a little extra for EV control boards? Is this common?

-sterling

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good question. I don't think so with the Elio though since MARX is designing the radio and Continental is doing the wiring.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I have an Accord that has the climate control integrated into the audio head. Unless something major changes it should not be a problem in the Elio since the hvac controls are left of the steering column and the audio is on the right.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good question. I don't think so with the Elio though since MARX is designing the radio and Continental is doing the wiring.
MARX on the radio? I thought it was MTX Audio?

Elios will come with two preset temperatures built in as radio stations KHOT and KOLD.
That's only if you're west of the Mississippi; if you're East of the river it's WOT and WOLD

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why I always reread before I click "Post Reply" I've been hit by autocorrect more than once.
I should too. I once sent a text to my wife that was supposed to say "Honey, pick up milk on your way home." but autocorrect changed it to "You B!@#, you're ruining my f@!#ing life!" So, yeah... autocorrect. :p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I should too. I once sent a text to my wife that was supposed to say "Honey, pick up milk on your way home." but autocorrect changed it to "You B!@#, you're ruining my f@!#ing life!" So, yeah... autocorrect. :p
And she believed you?

Top Bottom