• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Okay...you Guys Made Me Do It!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was an avid member of a Porsche 914 club for many years. There was really only one back in the day, other than forums on Porsche parts sites (the cars were only made from '69 to '76...never saw a '69 or '70 for that matter). Thousands of members, everything was good...until it wasn't. There was some 'serious' personality conflicts, and ultimately, a split of the sight. It evolved into ClubNARP (NARP=Not A Real Porsche...kind of what the 'uppity' 911 people called us), and the 914club. I'm a member of both, and spent MANY hours over the years posting there. Porsche 914 folks are as diverse as it gets (teenagers trying to hotrod one with a V8, concourse people that FREAK if a bolt you used wasn't made by Porsche, and numbers matching, and people, usually my age, that just like a sporty great handling car, and straight-up racers that eat Porsche 914 tech for breakfast, lunch and dinner). It got ugly, and I stopped going. Well (and this is the point of this long winded thread), hanging out here has renewed my faith in forums, and I've had quite a good time meeting the folks that inhabit them. I "logged on" to my former haunts, and found out it's been 6 years since I logged on (time flys!). Here we have the "General Discussion" area to throw out the random "Not Elio Related" stuff (why I put this thread here), and one of the first places I visited when I logged onto ClubNARP, was a section called "kittylitter"...you can guess what goes on there. This is a copy/paste of one of our Moderators, Howard. Howard passed some years ago while I was still an active member (very sad day...he was a great guy), but his original post as a new moderator made me smile...and without further ado, here's how Howard went about it.

I have been criticized by one of the admins
ninja.gif
for not adding enough to the general mayhem as moderator here. So it is decreed that politics and religion will be allowed.

Here are the rules:
1. Do not enter if you have a thin skin.
2. No 'alias' posters. If your gonna spew shit we want to know who it's coming from.
3. Funny is good, nasty is bad. Funny AND Nasty encouraged.
4. No bigotry, unless you are making fun of your own race/politics/religion or an admin/moderator.

RIP Howard! :( You are missed!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a member of several forums and serve as an Administrator/Moderator of one .... most are related to RV'ing with others related to Chevy trucks, metal detecting, and boating .... I seldom visit some because to many members seemed to want to argue instead of discuss topics .... naturally, the only perfect one is the one I administrator ..:D.. the guys here do a good job and I believe that this forum has a bright future

Jim

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or not busy at all because we will all be out having fun with our Elios! :) Z

You don't know boys with new toys. ;) The moderators will have to make new catagories (i.e. - parts for sale, want to buy, How-to [fill in the blank], performance mods, and the list goes on). And if an individual has the Infinite Skyz system, he/she could post from the road (parked, of course...no distracted driving!)...but I get what you're saying 'Z'! :D

Top Bottom