• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma City Elio Or What I Learned In School Today

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm certain MC licensing requirements are all about safety.........personal safety as a motorcyclist and I agree that it should be mandatory........just not mandatory for an enclosed cabin motorcycle with seat belt restraints, airbags, and a reinforced safety roll cage and drives exactly like a car with no special skills required.
My position is that automobile drivers should be given 4-5 questions on their written regarding Cyclist's rights and safety.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Questions regarding cycles on the driver's exam is a good idea. It's not so much that auto drivers are unaware of or disrespectful of cyclist's rights but rather motorcycles are not as visible, or they weave in and out of traffic quickly, or are obstructed from view etc.. MC safety classes are intended to make the biker drive more defensively and to make sure an individual choosing a cycle has the skill and knowledge to ride it safely. Testing doesn't guarantee a safe and respectful motorcycle operator either. I know I beat the issue to death and am officially off the topic. The big question on the driver's exam should cover the hazards of cell phone use and texting while driving an auto, riding a cycle, our new Elio AutoCycle.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I took the Beginner's GA MC Safety Course after having ridden for more than 30 years. It was all about safety. I learned many new things and discovered numerous things that I'd been doing wrong. It definitely made me a better/safer motorcyclist. It also made me me a safer automobile driver. Definitely worth every penny.

When the first Elio's hit the streets, the outcry from folks who want one but aren't willing to get a MC endorsement, will motivate the lawmakers to make appropriate changes, post haste.
Do you really believe that..The outcry ??? What's the big deal about getting a MC endorsement ? Want your cake ? Learn how to eat with a fucking fork !

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you really believe that..The outcry ??? What's the big deal about getting a MC endorsement ? Want your cake ? Learn how to eat with a fucking fork !
upload_2014-4-25_22-55-12.jpeg

Top Bottom