• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

One More Year!

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well ladies and gents, We are just about one full calendar year out from the production release of our beloved Elio.

I must say, the wait it getting to me and driving me nuts! (Out of excitement, not anger)

So we aren't quite to the point to where I will start counting down the days with a chain of paper rings you cut off each day like I did for Christmas as a kid, but the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming more visible!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well ladies and gents, We are just about one full calendar year out from the production release of our beloved Elio.

I must say, the wait it getting to me and driving me nuts! (Out of excitement, not anger)

So we aren't quite to the point to where I will start counting down the days with a chain of paper rings you cut off each day like I did for Christmas as a kid, but the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming more visible!
I hope spending some time here will help ease some of the mental angst. LOL Thank you for going nuts out of excitement rather than anger. I feel the same way. Of course getting my number is my next big step and then the real wait begins. In the mean time, I picked up a nationwide Amtrak System Timetable book when I dropped my son off last weekend in Eugene and I am starting my plans for picking up my Elio. I realize there may be some changes between now and then but I can adjust to them as they come about. Join me in enjoying this exciting journey to Elio production and ownership. And let me know when I should make my paper chain. LOL :-) Z

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I hope spending some time here will help ease some of the mental angst. LOL Thank you for going nuts out of excitement rather than anger. I feel the same way. Of course getting my number is my next big step and then the real wait begins. In the mean time, I picked up a nationwide Amtrak System Timetable book when I dropped my son off last weekend in Eugene and I am starting my plans for picking up my Elio. I realize there may be some changes between now and then but I can adjust to them as they come about. Join me in enjoying this exciting journey to Elio production and ownership. And let me know when I should make my paper chain. LOL :-) Z
I am currently trying to persuade the wife into a road trip disguised as a vacation to pick up straight from the factory. You can make your paper chain whenever you want, I just draw a fine line between smart and lazy on everything I do and NOT making a paper chain with 365 or so rings isn't smart and I'm ok if I get called lazy for that one haha! Have fun figuring out your logistics!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am currently trying to persuade the wife into a road trip disguised as a vacation to pick up straight from the factory. You can make your paper chain whenever you want, I just draw a fine line between smart and lazy on everything I do and NOT making a paper chain with 365 or so rings isn't smart and I'm ok if I get called lazy for that one haha! Have fun figuring out your logistics!
At least you are a whole lot closer than I am. LOL I have a very, very, very long journey both getting there and then driving home. :-) Z

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
At least you are a whole lot closer than I am. LOL I have a very, very, very long journey both getting there and then driving home. :-) Z
Where you coming from?

At least you have the retired part on your side! I need to talk the wife into using her and mine precious vacation days to go down there! Wish me luck!

Either way I'm sure it'll be more fun than "work" getting there and bringing it home

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where you coming from?

At least you have the retired part on your side! I need to talk the wife into using her and mine precious vacation days to go down there! Wish me luck!

Either way I'm sure it'll be more fun than "work" getting there and bringing it home
I live in southern Oregon - the middle northern end of southern Oregon, if that makes sense. My trip will take me to Eugene, OR to catch Amtrak and then to Los Angeles and across the country to eastern Texas where I transfer to an Amtrak bus connection to Shreveport. Standard trip is 72 hours if there are no delays. One can hope. LOL The trip back would take me up to Toledo, OH to visit my older son, then along an unknown route to be determined by time of year and how much money I can save between now and then, to Seattle, WA and the Kitsap Peninsula to visit my younger son and my sister. Then I will head home. As I said - a very long journey. LOL I figure if you are going to dream you might as well dream big. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IF, I say if, this time next year and no production has started who is going to riot? lol
I don't know what was done in the past, but this last change in production date was told us by Paul Elio in an email to all reservation holders. He held out for March 2015 production as long as he could but the delay in getting the plant meant that had to be changed. I see no reason for a riot as long as we are informed. We all know this is a huge project and any huge project is subject to delays. To me, any delay is that much more time to save money for my Elio and my trip to Shreveport to pick it up. :-) Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think production date will be pushed back because he knows that would cook his goose on sales.
They will be up and running Sept. '15 if they only make one car a day. To much riding on it now.
The riot was a joke. But in today's America a short fuse is almost normal.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think production date will be pushed back because he knows that would cook his goose on sales.
They will be up and running Sept. '15 if they only make one car a day. To much riding on it now.
The riot was a joke. But in today's America a short fuse is almost normal.
Unfortunately u r right about today's America. The ferguson crap is only an hour from where I live and it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom