• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Open Window For Crowdfunding Purchace

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So, how many people investing actually read through the Offering Circular? I want to buy my 50 shares, but I am having a hard time seeing how it will increase in value, or if I'll ever be able to sell them.

I'm all in on the car, er.. autocycle, and I am very hopeful we will actually get them, but for some reason I am not as sure on the stock offering.

Are you all investing for the novelty and the idea of purchasing stock will help make Elio viable? Or does anyone actually expect to make money off this investment?

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, how many people investing actually read through the Offering Circular? I want to buy my 50 shares, but I am having a hard time seeing how it will increase in value, or if I'll ever be able to sell them.

I'm all in on the car, er.. autocycle, and I am very hopeful we will actually get them, but for some reason I am not as sure on the stock offering.

Are you all investing for the novelty and the idea of purchasing stock will help make Elio viable? Or does anyone actually expect to make money off this investment?
I do

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You always make money, at least indirectly, off the performance of the company. What are their opportunities? You are wadgering that they will make it via the primary product sales, --or-- the options aftermarket, the expanding into other markets such as over seas, -or- the possible inclusion of alternative products such as EV's --or-- a more targeted product such as sporty or up-class channels.
Consider if you believe these will play well to the public. If so the stock value will be strong.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Making money is not the reason to invest in Elio Motors. Elio Motors specifically states that it's high risk investing with no guarantee there will even be an autocycle manufactured let alone after market option sales. If you invest feel good about it and be able to afford a potential loss. Hopefully, there is a successful outcome for all investors and non-investors alike.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the reason I'm investing (everything below is opinion and not investment advice):

If Elio Motors can successfully get to production and have sales anywhere close to their projections (and reservation interest makes that seem likely. I'm guessing somewhere close to 50%), then the stock value should easily be worth 5-10x (4-9x ROI) in a year or two. If not, I lose my investment. The way to know if it makes sense to make such a risky investment is via the following equation.

If ROI x probability of success > 1 it is a sound investment. (per my estimate of these numbers for EM: 4 x 0.5 = 2)

The way venture capital works is to find investments where that value is highest (even when risk is high) and just keep at it. It will eventually pay off as long as your estimates are accurate, even if most of the bets turn out to be a complete loss.

This is one of the first opportunities for those of us who don't meet the "accredited investor" criteria to play this game and I'm glad to be a part of it whether this investment succeeds or not. Though, I hope we all do succeed. I really want to drive around in my, effectively free, Elio bought with the proceeds of this investment.

Top Bottom