• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but they only drive on motorways at weekends because they wouldn't survive for long if they tried driving like that during the week.

Bear in mind that in UK it's illegal to overtake on the nearside of motorways, no-one can get past once they begin the "I'm doing just under the speed limit and I'm not moving over for anyone" stupidity.

Other than flashing them your brights there isn't much that can done with these lunk heads...

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very true...

They are a danger to everyone but the sad thing is, they are usually convinced they are the good driver and everyone else is at fault.

On my way home I leave the motorway after forty miles and need to drive along a main road with a 50 mph limit with speed cameras in place. However, some drive at 35-40 mph for the whole 7 miles of it, causing huge tailbacks at rush hour, to which they seem totally oblivious. I have learned to either sit well back, or even to pull off and give them five minutes head start because I don't want to get involved in their accident when it comes. Frustrated drivers often overtake in places where they shouldn't....you can imagine the rest.

Then, many these drivers meet the 30 mph limit in the more hazardous built up area coming into town and SPEED UP to 45 or 50! I have never understood this mentality but it seems increasingly common. Many of these slow drivers drive only on dipped headlights when out of town,. If they used main beam, they would be able to see better! :mad: :rolleyes:

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very true...

They are a danger to everyone but the sad thing is, they are usually convinced they are the good driver and everyone else is at fault.

On my way home I leave the motorway after forty miles and need to drive along a main road with a 50 mph limit with speed cameras in place. However, some drive at 35-40 mph for the whole 7 miles of it, causing huge tailbacks at rush hour, to which they seem totally oblivious. I have learned to either sit well back, or even to pull off and give them five minutes head start because I don't want to get involved in their accident when it comes. Frustrated drivers often overtake in places where they shouldn't....you can imagine the rest.

Then, many these drivers meet the 30 mph limit in the more hazardous built up area coming into town and SPEED UP to 45 or 50! I have never understood this mentality but it seems increasingly common. Many of these slow drivers drive only on dipped headlights when out of town,. If they used main beam, they would be able to see better! :mad: :rolleyes:

I encounter these goofballs all the time on 2 lane highways...they drive 50 MPH in a 55 zone, then when they come to a town, they continue on at 50 MPH when the speed limit is 35...they refuse to even drive the speed limit on the highway, but are perfectly fine busting the limit by 15 MPH through towns...makes no sense to me...I keep expecting one the Barney Fife cops you usually find in these small towns who are just waiting to bust one these idiots to pull them over, but it never happens...now the second I go ignoring the speed limit in Podunk USA, I'd certainly get busted!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I encounter these goofballs all the time on 2 lane highways...they drive 50 MPH in a 55 zone, then when they come to a town, they continue on at 50 MPH when the speed limit is 35...they refuse to even drive the speed limit on the highway, but are perfectly fine busting the limit by 15 MPH through towns...makes no sense to me...I keep expecting one the Barney Fife cops you usually find in these small towns who are just waiting to bust one these idiots to pull them over, but it never happens...now the second I go ignoring the speed limit in Podunk USA, I'd certainly get busted!

I agree, they are obviously a worldwide phenomenon. They are also the ones who slow right down for two hundred yards approaching a green traffic light then just sneak through as it changes to red. If they drove at normal speeds at least three more cars would have gone through on green.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had one last night, right turn lane to mearge into a 4 lane with a traffic light and acceleration lane. Our light is green ,idiot goes into right turn ramp and STOPS dead still to check for oncomeing traffic. No one was at the intersection at all, was obvious while approaching. I was not supprised due to the antics in front of me for the preceeding 8 miles. Also was not new to the area, followed him more than once, lucky me. Not worth getting worked up over, but Good Grief, pay attention at least a little!

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When that 'jack-wagon' in front of me goes 30-35 MPH in on a 45 MPH country road... man, it's just too hard to resist sometimes. I'd like to bump draft them out of the way on occasion.
We know that the leaves are beautiful in Northern Virginia wine county and the drives are beautiful on the week-ends, and we don't mind that you come out from DC on your Sunday drives, but some of us live and work here!

Watch out for them skunks and stuff comin out from under the car ahead, that is kind of where this started. I think?

Top Bottom