• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Our Beloved Zelio

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm so very, very sorry to hear about this, especially on Christmas Day.

Z seemed to be part of the fabric of this Elio forum and possibly the most ardent supporter of the vehicle's concept here. It's almost unbelievable and disappointing that she will never actually get to drive in an Elio. I had no idea she was ill, which she obviously was. She was always ready to share a bit of fun, yet very quick to put anyone straight if they stepped out of line. Elio have lost a very loyal supporter.

RIP to Z, our dear departed friend.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goodby Z. Rest in peace. I will miss you. I will know my next car as the ZELIO, so when people ask me why, I will tell them.
Kinda has a ring to it; "Zelio's Elio." Best thing I can think of is that she set the example for enthusiasm around here. I would have loved to see how she would have decorated her Elio. Sad for all those she left behind. I think Norah was her best friend around here. You're already missed "Z".

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The good news I can share is that I can tell everyone that Z did not feel ill prior to this procedure and was in good spirits.:)

Several forum members have been aware of this upcoming procedure and we have stayed in closer contact with her throughout this time which helped keep her spirits up. We also were able to share this with Elio Motors and Jerome and Pam Vassallo, being the wonderful people they are, called and spoke with Z last week which I know she really enjoyed.

A problem with a valve in her heart was discovered not too long ago which was unfortunately serious enough to warrant surgery as soon as possible even though she herself did not feel any major discomfort. We do not know too many details about what happened however we do know that during the surgery there unfortunately were some complications as more issues were discovered however the doctors were attempting to work through them.

Dustoff is staying in touch with Z's family and as we find out more information about further arrangements and wishes from her family for flowers and/or donations in her memory we will make them available to everyone.

Top Bottom