• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P30 ?

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have a guess why EM is planning to build up to P30 prototypes? Are some of those for crash testing maybe? Additional vehicles to be used to promote Elio motors? Additional styling concepts?

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think all of the above . Comprehensive crash tests require at least 10 vehicles . The others may provide internal testing results in real world scenarios . And of course some will be used to promote the vehicle .

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And I was wondering, will each P# be a new unit? You know, the P3 is reworked P2
So, they build the P5, do some testing, and make some changes, or modify the P5. Is it now a P6?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I understand it, the first 10 - 12 units will be for engineering. Build, test, modify, repeat
then 10 - 12 will be built for crash test. These will not be official. just for EM to confirm that the simulations are correct.

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if this series is going to attempt to move away from crafting them one at a time in a specialty shop, to putting together a limited version of "the line" and testing the ability to assemble from components.

Peter-Dave

Elio Fan
Reaction score
If remember from over a year ago something about the first 25 cars (or some other such number) off the assembly line would be reserved for such purpose.
I think this is just shifting to a not yet fully automated manufacturing process before finalizing the assembling line.

Top Bottom