• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4 Driving At Bike Week

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just uploaded to the Elio youtube page minutes ago. I've never seen it drive before
I love that. I am so glad they were able to drive it in town and also in what looked like a parade? or was that a cruise? I will tell my older son about it because he was complaining when we talked on Saturday that he hadn't seen the P4 in action and really wanted to see it. That is my baby out there strutting her stuff! I love it! :-)

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice vid. If you talk to someone there, please ask them about the 125,000 on order from china, thanks.

1. I'm not at Bike Week, this is just an internet video

2. I think the 125,000 ordered from China fell through. The video where I heard it was a year old. I would assume that if a Chinese investor was going to put $125,000,000 (125,000 Elios at $1000 all in each), he would want a portion of the company ownership, say 40%. With his ownership, he may have wanted the cars to be made in China, which is a no go for Paul Elio. If Elio got 125,000 orders, don't you think it would be all over the website? Just speculation, but what I think happened (I watch a lot of Shark Tank, if you can tell).

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
2. I think the 125,000 ordered from China fell through. The video where I heard it was a year old. I would assume that if a Chinese investor was going to put $125,000,000 (125,000 Elios at $1000 all in each), he would want a portion of the company ownership, say 40%. With his ownership, he may have wanted the cars to be made in China, which is a no go for Paul Elio. If Elio got 125,000 orders, don't you think it would be all over the website? Just speculation, but what I think happened (I watch a lot of Shark Tank, if you can tell).

I suspect you are correct but I will ask next week when I see the P4 in Savannah. Once the car is in production Elio will have no trouble finding export partners. This car will sell well in many places!

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect you are correct but I will ask next week when I see the P4 in Savannah. Once the car is in production Elio will have no trouble finding export partners. This car will sell well in many places!
I think it would do quite well in Asian markets but if we could hear it from the horse's mouth, that would be good to clear up any rumors

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks, just trying to confirm the vid.
Inquiring minds and all that.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would assume that if a Chinese investor was going to put $125,000,000 (125,000 Elios at $1000 all in each), he would want a portion of the company ownership, say 40%. If Elio got 125,000 orders, don't you think it would be all over the website? Just speculation, but what I think happened (I watch a lot of Shark Tank, if you can tell).

If the investment seeker were asking for 125,000,000 for a 40% stake in the company that would be a valuation of just under 2.1 billion dollars.

Sharks: How long have you been in business?

Paul Elio: Roughly five years.

Sharks: How much have you made?

Paul Elio: Well, uh, mmm.......nothing yet, but.....

Sharks: Are you crazy, I'm out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the investment seeker were asking for 125,000,000 for a 40% stake in the company that would be a valuation of just under 2.1 billion dollars.

Sharks: How long have you been in business?

Paul Elio: Roughly five years.

Sharks: How much have you made?

Paul Elio: Well, uh, mmm.......nothing yet, but.....

Sharks: Are you crazy, I'm out!

Where do you get the 2.1 billion from? I looked at it from fundraising alone. The rumor is the need 200 million to start and had about 50 million so far. Do you have a figure that shows how much Elio is worth as a company?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where do you get the 2.1 billion from? I looked at it from fundraising alone. The rumor is the need 200 million to start and had about 50 million so far. Do you have a figure that shows how much Elio is worth as a company?
My post had absolutely nothing to do with Elio's financial needs or goals and everything to do with the show "Shark Tank". Inside joke. Sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom