• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
For the price they quoted, I would not be to picky. The P3 front design is reminiscent of an earlier sports car, the British design Lotus 7 from the sixties and seventies. Tests with those cars had shown, that the open fenders created a lift at higher speeds. That is most likely the reason for the enclosed wheels. For an inexpensive vehicle, the up keep and maintenance should be low. If one wants all the "bells and whistles", or up-grades, spent more money. Low fuel consumption, safety, reasonable driving comfort, low maintenance should be a priority, fitting the present day economy and fun to drive.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Little of both. Economy will win out and the P4 probably is slicker in the wind. But they have been parading around the P3 as "the CAR." I will still buy mine when it comes time to get it but if they want to sell more and thus stay in Business the P3 model should be available and not for much more than the p4.....Call it truth in advertising. I also suggested they need to come up with a plan for 2 outrigger wheels for those of us in the northern climates. Today right now it is 1 degree above ZERO in the Dayton and Cinn, Ohio area. If there are only 2 ruts in the road the center wheel is going to be riding over ice and making a lot of noise. These out riggers would have to tie into the brake system and lift the rear center wheel off the ground. Yes it will cut into mileage some and it will probably have to be an option. But if they don't come up with something it will become a 3 season vehicle. Just like a motorcycle that is a touring BIKE.

What if they design a ski with a hole in it like the one’s used for landing small planes on snow.
Expose enough of the tire to ride the ski an inch off the ground, when the snow gets deep the ski would lift the tire off the ground and lessen drag. Make sure the ski has a small ridge running along the bottom like on a boat, to keep the rear end from coming around on a turn. Ski may cause a lift problem, but can’t see doing 70 mph in conditions requiring the ski. Just like chains. You don’t do 70 with them on.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is interesting to compare the version side by side. You can really see the changes in the details...like gas filler door, mirrors, rear window shape...etc.

New rear end is just fine. Need to put an emergency pull cord attached to an inside latch release, so there is an alternative exit for the back seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
+1. I have a CCW and was happy (really really happy) those two knuckleheads got booted. Was sad recently to see the other Dem that was about to be put on the ballot for recall step down. By stepping down, she could be replaced with another Dem; with a recall they would have lost another seat.
+1. I have a CCW and was happy (really really happy) those two knuckleheads got booted. Was sad recently to see the other Dem that was about to be put on the ballot for recall step down. By stepping down, she could be replaced with another Dem; with a recall they would have lost another seat.
Absolutely agree with you and Double D. I fled from CA for many of the reasons you alluded to. New Mexico is an open carry state but there are many here with CCW's. America is about freedom and I think that is one of the appeals of the Elio. It gives us a little more freedom to express ourselves

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with you and Double D. I fled from CA for many of the reasons you alluded to. New Mexico is an open carry state but there are many here with CCW's. America is about freedom and I think that is one of the appeals of the Elio. It gives us a little more freedom to express ourselves

I am still herein ca. I don't plan to move unless its truly unbearable. I would probably move to Phoenix. Its supposedly a little easier to get a ccw now but they are dragging their feet. I believe its 1.5 year wait for an appointment in my county with only 2 people processing applications.

Top Bottom