• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This afternoon I spoke with Mr. R. Thomas with Technosports.
This summer they will begin the building of 20 to 40 prototypes for showing and testing. This was from a conversation he had with Paul Elio a couple of weeks ago.
I asked about the IAV engine and was told that it was close to installing in a vehicle. Mr. Thomas didn't have exact dates of completion but sounded very positive.
Mr. Thomas retired from Ford Motor Company, Technosports builds prototypes for Ford and many other customers.
I will call him in a couple of months to get a further update.
It's amazing what phone calls and e-mails can accomplish.
The uninformed speculation is a bit entertaining though. I am sure it will continue.
That's all for now. Anything more specific will come later.
Flame away.:eek::cool:
All good info, thanks.

I'm shocked there was no info on the alleged (;);), nudge, nudge) Red Elio they were waxing in the lot a month ago?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All good info, thanks.

I'm shocked there was no info on the alleged (;);), nudge, nudge) Red Elio they were waxing in the lot a month ago?

That's the best one I've heard today.
Yea, that was funny. Mr. Thomas laughed when I told him about the 400 SF garage. They can build anything automotive, and as Kuda said movie props and much more. If anyone gets near their shop this summer stop in and snoop around.:)

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the best one I've heard today.
Yea, that was funny. Mr. Thomas laughed when I told him about the 400 SF garage. They can build anything automotive, and as Kuda said movie props and much more. If anyone gets near their shop this summer stop in and snoop around.:)

And if you snoop around, please take a camera/phone with camera. unl;ike the last person who suposedly snooped around.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This summer they will begin the building of 20 to 40 prototypes for showing and testing. This was from a conversation he had with Paul Elio a couple of weeks ago.
I asked about the IAV engine and was told that it was close to installing in a vehicle. Mr. Thomas didn't have exact dates of completion but sounded very positive.
Mr. Thomas retired from Ford Motor Company, Technosports builds prototypes for Ford and many other customers.
The uninformed speculation is a bit entertaining though. I am sure it will continue.
Hopefully the build will include one of each color. That should help those who are having trouble deciding which color they want. It would also make an awesome display at some of the major venues to see all colors choices one time. An Elio rainbow.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the build will include one of each color. That should help those who are having trouble deciding which color they want. It would also make an awesome display at some of the major venues to see all colors choices one time. An Elio rainbow.

With a 3D printer, EM could make some 1/10th scale replicas...one in each color.... plus yellow and pink! ;) Easier to trailer to the EVENTS! :cool::cool:

Last edited:

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thank you for finding that out, I knew, I saw a article about them making some prototypes, but it only hinted at how many were going to be made... 20 - 40 P5's is a large amount of prototypes... two for each color?.... The article also stated that these prototypes would be used for touring Canada and Mexico as time and sales move forward to the international/world market... maybe a Elio plant in Canada or Mexico is next, they will be using US made parts of course!...

Proud to be... and Elio owner... #2225... 3rd quarter 2015

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for finding that out, I knew, I saw a article about them making some prototypes, but it only hinted at how many were going to be made... 20 - 40 P5's is a large amount of prototypes... two for each color?.... The article also stated that these prototypes would be used for touring Canada and Mexico as time and sales move forward to the international/world market... maybe a Elio plant in Canada or Mexico is next, they will be using US made parts of course!...

Proud to be... and Elio owner... #2225... 3rd quarter 2015

I hope EM stick with the goal to create jobs HERE.

Top Bottom