• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'd like to see brake/turn lamps/reflectors on the wheels covers, as I think this is where they will be most visible

Great minds think alike JN2Wheels! :cool:
I sent a request to Elio that if possible this be developed as a dealer add on
In the meantime I did some research into it and came up with this site that does some thing similar for the Can Am Spyder

You can check them out here. http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_accessories.htm

They also have a great LED license plate cover that can strobe.

Frank Smith

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'd like to see a “Rewards Program” of some kind,
where loyal Elio owners are given coupons, or points
for spreading the word of Elio.
Not much, just something redeemable at the Elio store, for
tee shirts, hats, or accessories. I'm not one to break the bank,
but I'm reminded of my experience with the Bradley GT
I built in 75. When I could go nowhere without incurring
delays to my trip. Everyone had to know, “what is it”,

how can I get one”, etc. I was stopped by a NY State
trooper, Not because I was speeding, but he wanted to
see if he could fit his massive 6'5” frame into the car.
(it didn't work, couldn't close the door, and I was late for work!)
Or the time a friend and I decided to go down to Times Square at 9pm one summer night. The NY Police had to rescue us fromView attachment 140
the large crowd that surrounded us, blocking traffic on 42nd street.
Believe me, You will be asked questions every time you go out in your new P5!*
It still can happen with my Volt, but not as bad.
You have been warned!

Oh! uh! A rewards program........
I like the way you think. How about a coupon with a form for someone interested in buying and Elio Motors reward you with money to apply to your car payment if the interested party ends up making a purchase.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggested this 'bounty system' to Elio Motors over a year ago, they said 'sounded good', but have not heard anything else...... guess we will have to wait and see.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
##############
I saw a interview with Paul Elio. who explained the door being on the left.
as we in the U.S. are used to shifting with our right hands.

Maybe right side door option with automatic push button transmission on dash.
D-N-R

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see a “Rewards Program” of some kind,
where loyal Elio owners are given coupons, or points
for spreading the word of Elio.
Not much, just something redeemable at the Elio store, for
tee shirts, hats, or accessories. I'm not one to break the bank,
but I'm reminded of my experience with the Bradley GT
I built in 75. When I could go nowhere without incurring
delays to my trip. Everyone had to know, “what is it”,

how can I get one”, etc. I was stopped by a NY State
trooper, Not because I was speeding, but he wanted to
see if he could fit his massive 6'5” frame into the car.
(it didn't work, couldn't close the door, and I was late for work!)
Or the time a friend and I decided to go down to Times Square at 9pm one summer night. The NY Police had to rescue us fromView attachment 140
the large crowd that surrounded us, blocking traffic on 42nd street.
Believe me, You will be asked questions every time you go out in your new P5!*
It still can happen with my Volt, but not as bad.
You have been warned!

Oh! uh! A rewards program........

I was a master weaver for the Longaberger basket co. for 18 years. It was a direct marketing company that sold hand woven hard wood baskets. A woman would buy a basket show her friends and they would go and buy a basket and show all their friends and so on. This mom and pop basket business hit a Billion Dollars in sales for the years 2000, 2001 each. Of course that was when everyone had more throw away money.
I would like to drive around in my Elios and every where I stop, draw a crowd, hand out business cards and let them set inside and check it out. They would go home, take out my card, go to my web site provided to me free by the company and check out more information about the car. If they should buy the car, the money paid to a dealer would be paid to me, through direct deposit, and placed in my bank account. The car would be shipped to where ever it normally would for that location and picked up by the customer. Dealer get’s prep money and I get a commission. I figure with my military retirement plus 3 or 4 cars a month, me and the wife could spend our whole retirement on the road traveling.

If they gave the dealers in these 60 major markets exclusive rights to sales, I fear they will never do as well as they hope to. Direct marketing (advertising) is free and exponential. Every one thinks direct marketing is like a pyramid scheme. So, what is the problem with everyone in the world owning and selling Elios. Unlike baskets, it is a usable commodity and will need to be replaced

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was a master weaver for the Longaberger basket co. for 18 years. It was a direct marketing company that sold hand woven hard wood baskets. A woman would buy a basket show her friends and they would go and buy a basket and show all their friends and so on. This mom and pop basket business hit a Billion Dollars in sales in 2000, 2001. Of course that was when everyone had more throw away money.
I would like to drive around in my Elios and every where I stop, draw a crowd, hand out business cards and let them set inside and check it out. They would go home, take out my card, go to my web site provided to me free by the company and check out more information about the car. If they should buy the car, the money paid to a dealer would be paid to me, through direct deposit, and placed in my bank account. The car would be shipped to where ever it normally would for that location and picked up by the customer. Dealer get’s prep money and I get a commission. I figure with my military retirement plus 3 or 4 cars a month, me and the wife could spend our whole retirement on the road traveling.
Being a bounty hunter sound good to me. Fun and good money. Craig, No kidding I use baskets all the time around here at the farm. Poop happens like one of the goats snatches it out of my arms. I would NEVER pay more than a few bucks for them. I would love to learn how to weave and I'm not candidate for the mental hospital. Have you joined the Ohio owners group yet. We're planning a get together at cedar point next Fall (2015). I'll bring the grass es.

Top Bottom