• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the door needing to be on the Curb side. Makes it safer for entry and exit when parking on the street. The Elio is all about changing things for the better. I realize that by putting the door on the other side it means you have to put the shifter on your left...like that has never been done before o_O. I would also like to make sure there is an Automatic Trans option with at least 5 or 6 gears.

On a side note...making a convertible model is just plain crazy. It completely undermines the safety factor this vehicle provides. If you need to see the sky then get the glass roof. :)

aghhhhhhhh! not the old left/right door discussion, in traffic/on traffic, safer, easier to pump gas and.............and........ and.....

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know, I can see a use for it...

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the vehicle and put your hands on top of the car." Officer.
"Alright." Jumps out other side of vehicle and runs away.
"Zap." get's 10 feet before officer taze's him.

But yes, it's retarded that the door would be on the right. People worrying about stepping out into traffic, which they already have to do in their 4 wheelers, don't think about the extra foot or two being in the center gives you.

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Three things I would like to see on production models; YELLOW, turn and running lights on fenders,and removable rear seat.

Russell your list matches mine, but I've got one additional item I'd like to see as an option. On my F-250 pickup I installed a set of FireStars LED signal bars by JAD Solutions. It's a light bar that's mounted to the pinch weld and runs from the front wheel all the way to the rear wheel. The light bar serves 3 functions; running lights, courtesy light and turn signals. It was a simple install, they look great, but more importantly they increase the visibility of the vehicle dramatically. Most "running board" lights are static. Mine are tied into the blinkers so when I flip on my turn signal the whole bar blinks letting folks know I'm getting ready to make a lane change - very effective - especially in heavy Atlanta traffic.

The ones I have were designed for a truck and are sized accordingly. I think the design team at Elio could come up with a slick, small strip of bright LED's hidden behind lightly smoked acrylic that would hardly be noticeable except when the lights are on. I bet it'd be a popular option that adds a bit of bling and increases safety at the same time.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know, I can see a use for it...

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the vehicle and put your hands on top of the car." Officer.
"Alright." Jumps out other side of vehicle and runs away.
"Zap." get's 10 feet before officer taze's him.

But yes, it's retarded that the door would be on the right. People worrying about stepping out into traffic, which they already have to do in their 4 wheelers, don't think about the extra foot or two being in the center gives you.
Hopefully they look before stepping out into traffic which must be a problem. Frankly if the door was on the curb side I would likely trip over the curb and sustain serious head injury rather than get hit by traffic exiting on the proper side. I'm old and want to get out of my Elio on the same side I have when driving every single other vehicle owned since 1962.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the door needing to be on the Curb side. Makes it safer for entry and exit when parking on the street. The Elio is all about changing things for the better. I realize that by putting the door on the other side it means you have to put the shifter on your left...like that has never been done before o_O. I would also like to make sure there is an Automatic Trans option with at least 5 or 6 gears.

On a side note...making a convertible model is just plain crazy. It completely undermines the safety factor this vehicle provides. If you need to see the sky then get the glass roof. :)
Think about it. Do you get out of your current vehicle on the curb side? Are all the cars currently made inherently unsafe because the drive exits on the driver side?

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I go from my Ford pickup to my Scion xB, it takes a bit of brain-tweaking to find simple things, like the wipers, headlights, cruise-control, emergency brake and hood release....now you want me to have to figure out which side the bleeping door is on??? I would probably tear the left side armrest off before I realized it WILL NOT open the door!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Three things I would like to see on production models; YELLOW, turn and running lights on fenders,and removable rear seat.
1) I guaranty the rear seat will be removable! (almost everything is removable...with the proper tool)
2) I wish yellow was an option , too....but is isn't.
3) Everything else can be added later.

Top Bottom