• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Parking ?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I HAVE AT TIMES PARKED MY MESSERSCHMITT IN A DESIGNATED MOTORCYCLE SPACE .
THIS HAS NEVER CAUSED ANY PROBLEMS MOSTLY BECAUSE OF THE SIZE &
BIKE PLATE THAT I RUN ON THE CAR .

SO I WAS WONDERING IF THIS WOULD CREATE ANY FRICTION IF THE ELIO WAS
TO TRY IT . IT IS A LOT BIGGER AND NOT A CUTE ANTIQUE .

THE BIKE PLATE WOULD PROBABLY MAKE IT LEGAL BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN
THE LOCAL BIKER GANG WILL PLAY NICE .

DSC_0113.JPG

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this will be a case of just because you can doesn't mean you should. The Elio will take up the space of 2 or 3 bikes. As driver and a rider, i wouldn't appreciate an Elio parked in a bike space.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
is your caps lock key glued down ?

typing in all caps is kind of like shouting. :D.

as for your ride...pretty cool looking but I would put it in a car space.

NAH, THAT'S JUST THE WAY DAVE WRITES. IF I SAW A POST FROM HIM IN LOWER CASE, I'D SWEAR SOMEONE HAD HACKED HIS ACCOUNT. ;)

As for the topic, I'm sticking to car parking spots. At work, the motorcycle parking areas aren't all that large, and are usually full. I might make an exception during the crappy weather days when the majority of bike riders decide to leave the bikes home and take their cars to work. In the winter, the bike parking area is all mine! :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a disabled parking permit; probably get a disabled plate for mine (yes, they do have them).
If a parking place is close to where I'm going, I'll use it, if not (and I'm having a bad day) I use the handicapped stalls.
If I have to ride a ferry when I go up to Seattle, bikes always get to go up front; you bet I'll be using bike status then.

It just really gets to me when I see perfectly healthy people park in a handicapped stall, get out and run into the place of business.
I sat in JC Penny's lot one year waiting for a friend and I wish I had a video camera; they number of people that abuse the permits is disgusting.
One had made their own (it looked that tacky) but had so much other crap hanging from the mirror you could barely see it.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
fair enough :). I'm no etiquette major.

Coss ... my uncle is disabled and has a placard. I remember him telling me a story about at the DMV the lady asked how long he would need a placard for. My uncle looked at this lady for a second, ripped off his leg and threw it in on the counter. "Ma'am I don't think it's gonna grow back is it ?" ... place went dead silent and she walked in an office for a moment. She came back out with the placard and said have a nice day. :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this will be a case of just because you can doesn't mean you should. The Elio will take up the space of 2 or 3 bikes. As driver and a rider, i wouldn't appreciate an Elio parked in a bike space.
Me either. Bikers may pick it up and move it! It would also give all Elio drivers a bad wrap. We need to be smart and considerate future Elio owners, which may be impossible given human nature.

Top Bottom