• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio’s Quest To Build A Three-wheel Car- June 2, 2015- Wsj.com

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the ATVM is a low interest government loan program it's not government wasted money unless EM defaults if/when approved. Sadly, the loan application process and or approval could potentially be negatively impacted by powerful politically motivated NADA lobby groups that are opposed to the direct to consumer sales and already involved in legislative change to stop it in some states.
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Paul Elio recently obtained some state's approval to sell 'autocycles' directly to consumers thus not threatening dealers who sell automobiles? I agree dealers would fight direct sales of automobiles.

Is this what PE has been changing? If so, smart of PE.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This confirms what I have heard, that Stuart Lichter is a billionaire

"Mr. Lichter is the billionaire real-estate developer and founder of Industrial Realty Group LLC."

He may be funding EM so engine development and E-series development can at least continue un-slowed by lack of funding.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Paul Elio recently obtained some state's approval to sell 'autocycles' directly to consumers thus not threatening dealers who sell automobiles? I agree dealers would fight direct sales of automobiles.

Is this what PE has been changing? If so, smart of PE.
Most States certainly allow the direct to consumer sales model of Tesla, but the worry is 5 or 6 States have introduced and passed legislation over the last year sponsored by NADA lobbies to prevent it. I hope it's not a growing trend. My understanding is that it includes all dealership vehicle classes.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most States certainly allow the direct to consumer sales model of Tesla, but the worry is 5 or 6 States have introduced and passed legislation over the last year sponsored by NADA lobbies to prevent it. I hope it's not a growing trend. My understanding is that it includes all dealership vehicle classes.
What about motorcycles Rick?

Top Bottom