1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Paul Elio Speaks! 05-11-18

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by Elio Amazed, May 11, 2018.

1. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:

Paul Elio, founder and CEO of Elio Motors, discussed the latest on his company's operations May 11. District 12 Caddo Commissioner Louis Johnson's office had said that the gathering would be at 10:30 a.m. May 4 in Wheless Auditorium in Regions Center, 333 Texas St. in downtown Shreveport. BUT, it began at 10:00, today! "Per Commissioner Johnson, there was a miscommunication on his part regarding the date of Mr. Elio's visit to Shreveport," parish spokeswoman Krystle Grindley said. "Commissioner Johnson inadvertently provided the wrong date and apologizes for the misinformation." On April 25, Elio Motors and Overstock.com Inc. announced that Overstock would buy $2.5 million worth of newly issued shares of Elio Motors' common stock at $2.75 per share. Elio Motors said it intends to use proceeds from the sale to "fund capital expenditures and repay certain outstanding debt and accounts payable An Elio that was brought to Manhattan drew a crowd just parked against the curb," Overstock founder and CEO Patrick M. Byrne is quoted as saying in a statement announcing the deal.He continued, "I sat in it for five minutes and was in awe. It is really comfortable and feels like great fun. I am confident that this will become my car for at least two-thirds of the days I drive." On the same day it announced the Overstock deal, Elio Motors also announced that it expects to launch a security token offering to help fund production of its three-wheel vehicles. The news conference May 11 was not officially sponsored by the parish or Caddo Commission. It was being arranged at Johnson's request and in response to inquiries from people in his district. The last time Elio was in Shreveport, he made a commitment to continue communicating with Caddo Parish residents about his company's progress toward starting operations in the former General Motors plant in west Shreveport. Questions linger concerning the viability of the Elio project, but as stated by one commissioner, off the record, "We do get a million annually in revenue from what was a non-revenue generating asset." --Marion Marks

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Jim Johnston and booboo like this.
  2. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    The world desperately needs some better interviewers. That said...
    Paul Elio:."...and because of that and while we're in the process, I can't get into detail because we have to follow the rules of a security..."

Here we go again. It's like saying, "Please invest in us but understand that I can't give you any details about your potential investment."
    Patrick Byrne didn't seem to have a problem with giving us information about "the process." Be it correct information or not.
    So... Paul speaks, but, once again, did he really say anything besides 'I can't say anything'?

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Jim Johnston, Elf and Sega like this.
  3. Johnny Acree

Johnny Acree Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    4287 & 22039
    I wish these people would invest in some microphones!

4. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I had 30 years in sound reinforcement. It's usually not the mics, but the people controlling them. Again... Better interviewers.

Jim Johnston likes this.
  5. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

Ironic that he says they will will follow all the rules of the SEC for the token, yet does not follow SEC rules for the stock.

Jim Johnston, Sega and Elio Amazed like this.
  6. Folks

Folks Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    August 28th 2014 in the first 10,000 to do so.
    Elio Amazed likes this.
  7. Folks

Folks Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    August 28th 2014 in the first 10,000 to do so.
    I more encouraged today more than anytime in 2017. Those with an open mind will sense Paul' sincere straight forward answers. I can identify with everything he said as per the lack of info for us peons and the poor performance in 2017. Additionally; If you can't see the genuine concern for others and his true sense of mission to provide a real boost and aid for Americas common folks, you will simply not be deterred from your ingrained negativity. In other words the deal is still on. The mantra for the next 76 plus weeks should be as follows: "Paul get that capital and bring this baby home."

8. johnsnownw

johnsnownw Elio Addict

Eh, he's always seemed sincere, and the problem has always been funding (well perhaps also the use of the funds received).

Jim Johnston likes this.
  9. msmith5150

msmith5150 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    That hair though! Dude seems like he hasn't slept in days.

Jim Johnston likes this.
  10. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

He was in hibernation for a year, we have to cut him some slack.

Thomas Malkin and msmith5150 like this.