• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pay With Fuel Credit Card

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even if what they offer is an endangerment? I am not saying that it is, only that I believe it to be. I want it safety certified. Paul has had some very great ideas, but this is pure vanity!
We still have one outside chance the one in the picture we seen will not be the dash.
It was said it will have 1in digital read outs. The one in the picture doesn't, unless it's in the center.:)

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even if what they offer is an endangerment? I am not saying that it is, only that I believe it to be. I want it safety certified. Paul has had some very great ideas, but this is pure vanity!
What I am saying here is that a of people have a vested interest. Lets say just for argument sake that vehicle 4167, just rolled off the line. Vehicle 1234 was just in an accident and it was determined that instrumentation was partially at fault. Production will be stopped until the problem with the instrumentation is rectified or a recall is made and the instrumentation is replaced. Motr time delays and unless you had 4xxx you still don't have an Elio. Standard dials are no problem for the most part, something as radical as this is a bit different. If Elio is dead set on the SB dash they need to get their collective heads back into the sunlight and get it certified/or not.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We still have one outside chance the one in the picture we seen will not be the dash.
It was said it will have 1in digital read outs. The one in the picture doesn't, unless it's in the center.:)
I would agree with that. Except if there is a center display, why is it not lit up like the odometer. I hope you are right in saying this may not be the one!

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just don't let it get you down. You have made it very clear you don't like it. Understood! Is it dangerous, I highly doubt that based on the fact that You nor anyone has Actually seen a Real one or the finished product! You could say the car is deadly and tip over too since no one (on this forum) has Actually driven one. Time will answer all questions. Living in fear or creating false fear will do Nothing for Anyone. Threatening to call the NHSTB or Paul's mom will do Nothing! Enjoy the ride, we have a LONG way to go with Many bigger problems and road blocks than your fear of something unknown or different. You might actually Like change, give it a try! Keep moving forward Elio!
All Elio has to do is get the thing safety certified.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the dash as long as it's attached to a functioning Elio! Until I can finance a seat on their board I will go with whatever they offer. Just get it done!
Just like a God forsaken politician, I want mine and I want it now. Sorry schmuck, that yours is a problem. I don't care anymore cause I got mine.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I am saying here is that a of people have a vested interest. Lets say just for argument sake that vehicle 4167, just rolled off the line. Vehicle 1234 was just in an accident and it was determined that instrumentation was partially at fault. Production will be stopped until the problem with the instrumentation is rectified or a recall is made and the instrumentation is replaced. Motr time delays and unless you had 4xxx you still don't have an Elio. Standard dials are no problem for the most part, something as radical as this is a bit different. If Elio is dead set on the SB dash they need to get their collective heads back into the sunlight and get it certified/or not.
Have you considered the fact that your personal visual problems are driving your fears? I can understand being afraid but you have become almost manic about this issue. Do you really think Paul Elio would put something in this vehicle that is out right dangerous? I certainly don't think so and that is why I am willing to wait and see what this dash actually looks like in person before I decide what to do. There are many visual variations within MD as well as in other visual conditions. Within MD alone there are people who cannot read anything in red - my maternal grandfather was one. There are others that find red to be the easiest color to read in - my mother was one. Your constantly haranguing on this issue is not going help you or anyone else. Write your letter to Elio Motors and Paul Elio. Explain your condition and concerns then let it go. You will have done something assertive and you might even get some results from that approach. Isn't it at least worth a try? :) Z

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say if they had it certified by NASA and the Rolex company your mind would still be made up to hate it. Just an observation from your 100 posts on the subject. Let me suggest a Profitable suggestion. Since you are certain it will be hated and deadly, you have 12+ months to create a New one! Make thousands of them since you are certain everyone will agree with you, sell them and make MILLIONS!! I don't even want a cut for my suggestion.
You are right about the fact that I do not like it. However, if it were properly certified, IO would accept it. No there will be numerous people that will not agree with me. That is part of life, and would be damned boring if it were otherwise. Have you looked at the poll about the Elgin dash on this forum? It is just a mite over 2 to 1 against. You have no claim to even a penny, since I mentioned probably a month ago that I would build my own, or otherwise acquire one if they insist in this folly! It is just that I would 1. rather not have to, and 2. prefer that I knew that this vehicle was safe. Even for you Blackbird!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
H2odog, like you I hate the Elgin dash. I will take Zelio's recommendation and write a letter to EM and wil post their reply. It's obvious that they either do not follow this issue on the forum or are so fixated with the Elgin dash that it doesn't matter. 16,000+ future owners do matter. If a more traditional dash is an option I will definitely upgrade

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered the fact that your personal visual problems are driving your fears? I can understand being afraid but you have become almost manic about this issue. Do you really think Paul Elio would put something in this vehicle that is out right dangerous? I certainly don't think so and that is why I am willing to wait and see what this dash actually looks like in person before I decide what to do. There are many visual variations within MD as well as in other visual conditions. Within MD alone there are people who cannot read anything in red - my maternal grandfather was one. There are others that find red to be the easiest color to read in - my mother was one. Your constantly haranguing on this issue is not going help you or anyone else. Write your letter to Elio Motors and Paul Elio. Explain your condition a, nond concerns then let it go. You will have done something assertive and you might even get some results from that approach. Isn't it at least worth a try? :) Z
It has been done. and I am tired of defending myself. So I will say goodnight all! Good luck with Elio.

Top Bottom