• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pay With Fuel Credit Card

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Click on the I want in link... pick $100... it is there.
Thanks Ty!
Found it, did not go far enough on the links.
This refutes what I have been seeing on other blogs.
Now the question is what does first year mean? Calendar Year, Normal Car Mfg Production Year, or 12 moths from start of Production since it is starting mid-year?

Reactions: Ty

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ty!
Found it, did not go far enough on the links.
This refutes what I have been seeing on other blogs.
Now the question is what does first year mean? Calendar Year, Normal Car Mfg Production Year, or 12 moths from start of Production since it is starting mid-year?
Wow, all valid years... If they produce like all the other manufacturers, it'd be roughly one year from beginning of production. Of course, they could start, say, mid 2015 and stop the "first year's production" before 2016 so they could offer the 2016 Elio before the calendar year actually starts thus aligning them with others. But really, this is pretty speculative at this point. I think you'd be safe in thinking that within a year of the start of production, you'll have your Elio. Shoot, even running the line at a slow 240/day, they'd be through 40,000 in 33 weeks.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TY, thats a very interesting thought! Since it appears unlikely that Elio will begin production this year and more likely mid next year I wonder if the cars will be sold as 2016 model similar to the way current car builders do? I purchased my 2013 Harley in 10/2012 and my Honda 2006 in Sept 2005. Not that it would change much more than resale value but still interesting.
I think it more likely that they'll sell the first, say 40,000 as 2015 models so that one of the perks of having a reservation is basically a limited edition first year model. Then, they could shift to the 2016 model... or maybe like Ford did with the 1965 Mustang (people call the ones built in 1964 1964 1/2 models even though there was no change between '64 an 65). Maybe the first 40,000 will have something that identifies them as being special first year editions.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honest look at the Pay for your ELIO with a gas card. Sounds great but will fail. There is nothing stopping many from getting the ELIO then not using the card . Driving for free until ELIO manages to somehow get the ELIO back.
There are a large number of people in this country now that that would have no problem signing the deal then never using the card and play catch me if you can and walking away. If ELIO managed to get a judgment in court and that is a big if they would never collect a dime in most cases.
Just to many courts now that would never fully enforce the contract.
Great idea and pitch but not really a workable plan in this country today.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With no down payment and the way it works now with repo's good luck with that. Many could end up using the ELIO free of 6 months to a year.
Depending on the state you are in collecting on debt is very hard to do. A very larger number of people will just walk away once they use it for free as long as they can.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As with any credit scenario , the buyer must qualify for the card. This idea is a creative payback method but many car dealers allow for sign and drive .
Almost all lease deals have a no money down option . I don't think the Elio gas card payback method will promote any undue larceny .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When it's all said and done it Won't/can't be EM directly involved in the financing end. Just like other car dealers who sell them off to banks/finance institutions. Dealers don't come looking if you don't pay. They do screen tightly, as the last thing banks want is to "own" cars (and houses). I do agree that there will be folks who push it, but in this "big brother" world, they will be removed from the credit line.
I think it's Smitty901 who like myself and others, don't buy something you can't afford to keep, and only buy with cash!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most dealers are co signers on a lot of financing .The ELIO is not going to be wanted by many banks just not worth their while.
Correct I have not financed a car or motorcycle in nearly a life time. Buy new buy cash.
Don't get me wrong I hope it work for ELIO but I see scams being planned already

Top Bottom