• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in an attempt to bring this thread back into focus, does anyone know just what services Pep Boys is supposed to be equipped and have trained personnel to handle .... I can see having tires installed, tires rotated if they are supposed to be rotated, battery replacement, wiper blade, light bulbs, oil changed and other stuff along those lines .... I'm having problems seeing them do serious work to the drive train, body work, frame repair and such .... as this is being typed they are building a Pep Boy's facility a little over 5 miles from our home .... based on past experience with other some of their other stores, it's hard for me to see trusting them with a serious issue with one of my vehicles

in addition : what part will the company retail stores play in providing service/repairs

Jim

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seeing as the nearest Pep Boys to me is almost 4,000 miles away, I'd be doing all my own maintenance and repairs.

per Elio's website : "No Pep Boys in your area? Elio Motors is working to ensure a service center solution is available in every retail market that we open in." .... I'd love to know just what they see as being available at a service center .... general oil changes ? extensive warranty repair ? those are hugely different categories

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
per Elio's website : "No Pep Boys in your area? Elio Motors is working to ensure a service center solution is available in every retail market that we open in." .... I'd love to know just what they see as being available at a service center .... general oil changes ? extensive warranty repair ? those are hugely different categories

According to wheaters' location he's in the UK, so I'm guessing he's planning to ship his Elio home.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
in an attempt to bring this thread back into focus, does anyone know just what services Pep Boys is supposed to be equipped and have trained personnel to handle .... I can see having tires installed, tires rotated if they are supposed to be rotated, battery replacement, wiper blade, light bulbs, oil changed and other stuff along those lines .... I'm having problems seeing them do serious work to the drive train, body work, frame repair and such .... as this is being typed they are building a Pep Boy's facility a little over 5 miles from our home .... based on past experience with other some of their other stores, it's hard for me to see trusting them with a serious issue with one of my vehicles

in addition : what part will the company retail stores play in providing service/repairs

Jim

Hi Jim, Pep Boys are supposed to be able to handle warranty work too. But I'm with you, transmission? Body work? Probably not. But Elio Motors promises a certified mechanic at each Pep Boys location, so there should be someone knowledgeable ready to work on your car. Hoping anyway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
But Elio Motors promises a certified mechanic at each Pep Boys location, so there should be someone knowledgeable ready to work on your car. Hoping anyway.

10-4 on being in hope that all this comes to pass .... good mechanics are hard to come by and it takes time to hire and train folks .... if Sept 2015 is still in play, the process should already be well under way

Jim

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to wheaters' location he's in the UK, so I'm guessing he's planning to ship his Elio home.
Jim

I am, but I'm concerned about the UK regs concerning the basic design of the latest prototype, so no money's going down for one just yet.

But If they would sell me the P3 with those side podded headlights I could get that on the road in UK very short order.
I'd be happy with the Geo Metro (Suzuki Swift) engine it has (I have one in my garage with motorcycle throttle bodies on it, my latest project for my Liege) and I'd happily accept whatever mpg I'd get from it. I run a Swift here in UK and I love it. But I'd love the Elio more!

lschilders

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Sorry Folks....... I wouldn't trust Pep Boys to change the wheel on my son's little red wagon. Damed if I'll take a car there, ..... any car. Besides, the nearest one is a 100 miles from my house. To far for me.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
10-4 on being in hope that all this comes to pass .... good mechanics are hard to come by and it takes time to hire and train folks .... if Sept 2015 is still in play, the process should already be well under way

Jim
Until the drive train is developed, tested, and installed and the basic production model is determined there will be very little value in trying to train the Pep Boys staff

Top Bottom