• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, there were no problems with the tire purchase... at the store anyway but the online experience trying to order the tires was frustrating and less than a great experience.

I did ask if they knew what an "Elio" was and the first guy had no idea but the second guy behind the counter did know of it, knew it was a three wheeler and he knew Pep Boys was going to be Elio's service reps. He said they were going to be getting training but didn't know when... he seemed to think training was going to start soon and I got the impression that he thought these things were already on the road!. I told him that production wasn't even going to start until next fall, which was news to him. It was nice to hear that a Pep Boys employee had at least heard a whisper about our beloved little vehicles.
Thanks for sharing your PB experience. Sounds somewhat promising.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
good point of the high turnover with them, some are not too mechanically inclined or do not care, my daughter took her civic there for tires and they left lug nuts loose and wheel came off when she turned into the driveway. went back and was gonna smash somebody's head into the wall and they really didn't care, but they did give me 3 new lugnuts. That is why i worry of Pep boys working on them in the first place. Any competent person can work on them with a service manual anyhow. all you have to do is care and have common sense. When i get mine (notice i said when) i will only go there for what is needed and rest i will do myself.
Perhaps Elio Motors should have considered Harley Davidson as their Service Partner. Seems to be a Harley Dealership in every city.

Instead of Manny, Moe, Jack, and Paul it could have been William, Arthur, and Paul

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Perhaps Elio Motors should have considered Harley Davidson as their Service Partner. Seems to be a Harley Dealership in every city.

Harley Davidson ..:confused:.. most of their garages do good work but they do it at a cost which is way out of line with the concept behind Elio

Jim

tim

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear you have thick skin Tim. It's hard to tell when people are kidding when it is in text but it's all in good fun as we all wait for the same answers. If you type Pep Boys into the search box, you would find 200 posts on the subject, and another 350 under Pep Boys to provide service and maint. You would have gotten the same response if you had restarted the Elgin dash or which side the gas tank fill tube is on, thread. We really do enjoy your input.

what side is the tank filler on!!

Top Bottom