• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM's new Bridgestone Servicing partner may express interest in manufacturing their own tires for the Elio and/or providing some venture capital to their new partner, EM, so they can actually sell some tires 3 x 45,000 reserved Elios is alot of tires. 3 x 250,000 max production Elios per year is alot more tires.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope so. Firestone shops are all around me. Pep Boys is 150+ miles. I've no idea if the Firestone shops are any good, but local is better than a 3 hour drive.
I was looking at a 175 mile drive to get to the nearest Pep Boys but there is a Firestone store about 20 miles away. ( Almost everything is 20 miles away and that's how I like it). I have never been to a Firestone store that I can recall but the one near me is open 7 days a week which makes it better than any of the major dealers. (none of them offer service on Sundays)
With regard to the service deal with Pep Boys: I am sure that Paul had some sort of contract with them and if and when someone buys a company their obligations generally go with the deal. I would be surprised if our service provider went away as a result of this deal. It might go away if Firestone does not see a benefit to their bottom line down the road. Firestone is willing to service most, if not all, makes of cars so being a service center for Elio would not be a stretch for them. Especially since most of the service parts are common ones. I am sure Firestone already stocks the oil and air filters, brake pads, spark plugs, starter, alternator,and other parts that may need to be replaced. WRT Cooper tires the Elio will come with Coopers installed but Firestone does not have to stock them. When I have had a warrantee claim on a tire I went to a tire shop that stocked that brand and dealt with them. I look on this deal as a big plus for those of us who don't live near a Pep Boys and possibly a plus for those that do. There are some folks on this forum who always have a dropped slice of butter bread fall butter side down so I eagerly await hearing about all the potential down sides to the deal.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Bridgestone/PepBoys/Firestone servicing partner is much better for future Elio owners.

The EM servicing partner contract is probably as open ended, to both parties, as the contract that EM has with reservationists, no guarantees.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
*85 m cash!!!! a "few million "more to get EM running, and I for one would have my "NON -Es serviced. Paul, get on the horn and give 'em a peek. The downside, they lose a 1/4 of their sales on replacing all the E tires!!!, not to mention rear tire rotation!, wiper blade replacement!!, and..................

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone read the news about Pep Boys being up for sale ? I have read items on Yahoo and MSN about this. I don't know if this would effect us or not.
I just saw this on google news. (10-26-2016)
NEW YORK — Tire and auto service company Bridgestone Corp. is buying auto parts and repair company Pep Boys for $835 million in a deal that will help Bridgestone gain a more dominant position in auto services business.

Top Bottom