• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Personalized License Plate

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question is will Elio have an auto or motorcycle plate?....the latter, I hope. From pics of the rear, it looks like it is recessed for both sizes.
I edge blackened all my plates, car and cycles to reduce the signatures.
I do not think I could live in a state requiring plates front and rear.........but that's just me.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question is will Elio have an auto or motorcycle plate?....the latter, I hope. From pics of the rear, it looks like it is recessed for both sizes.
I do not think I could live in a state requiring plates front and rear.........but that's just me.

CA requires two plates for cars but Elio isn't a car. So I would assume it only gets one just like a motorcycle. Having a front plate on the Elio would kill the aero. When I had my 98 Mustang Cobra I never used a front plate on it. 3-4 times a year I would get fix it ticket for it. Front plates ruin the styling on cars.

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Good question! Although Federal Regulations classify it as a Motorcycle, some States may try to classify it as they see fit. With a year to go it will be interesting to see how it turns out. There does appear to be the space to put either a Car or Motorcycle size plate on the back.
If you want more letters than will fit on your plate you might try something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Scrolling-Motorcycle-License-Plate-Frame/dp/tech-data/B001BC5TU2

One Elioer said they would put "Bigger Inside" on it. :)

Top Bottom