• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently Polaris is making a 3 wheel sports car....

Interesting for sportscar fans like me. Obviously not an Elio competitor.

That looks awesome! Very "bare bones". Any idea of the price? just a guess, but I would be surprised if it is LESS than the Elio. This could actually help "pave the way" for The Elio by improving peoples perception of the 3-wheeled autocycle.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Very "bare bones". Any idea of the price? just a guess, but I would be surprised if it is LESS than the Elio. This could actually help "pave the way" for The Elio by improving peoples perception of the 3-wheeled autocycle.
an analyst at B. Riley & Co., in Los Angeles, estimated Polaris could add $60 million in 2014 revenue from Slingshot, based on his rough estimate of 3,000 unit sales at a $20,000 each wholesale price.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...slingshot-3-wheel-roadster-2014.html?page=all

vtx04

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Although there are no hard numbers released yet, members of a forum similar to this are 'estimating' $17-25K. It has a 200 hp inline 4 cylinder with a top speed of 130mph.Didn't find any mpg estimates, but its about the same weight as the Elio, which would lead me to believe it won't be doing 84 mpg. So the rough estimate quoted above seems right in the ballpark.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Polaris Slingshot. There seems to be a count down clock as to when it will be launched. It indicates it is coming on July 27th?
Breath Taking.
Polaris-Slingshot-three-wheeler-trike-03.jpg
Polaris-Slingshot-three-wheeler-trike-01.jpg

Asphalt and Rubber.

Top Bottom