• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does it perform in the snow? Can I get a hardtop? Will they make one with four wheels? Does it have space for my groceries? (feel free to insert your own stupid question)
I think they'd rather you had one of these for snow:

adytuvup.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does it perform in the snow? Can I get a hardtop? Will they make one with four wheels? Does it have space for my groceries? (feel free to insert your own stupid question)
And of course that's a good point, given it's rear wheel drive(RWD). Answer=> How's your pick up in the snow when the rear box is removed?
Becomes more clear why Elio is FWD.
Or am I wrong by what I saw, and they are FWD?, K, well, no AC then lol

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...Speed costs money, how much are you willing to pay?
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot...
Yep did more checking, definately RWD with a substancial engine up front. This is more like an over powered Morgan. So you can expect the roll-over to be better than a T-Rex, but the traction to be much worse.
These people will think a tire burn-out is a big deal, until there's any water on the road at all.

drbob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Polaris will have it out in 2 weeks. no hype no bullshit. no deposits.... elio maybe in another 15 months???? elio aint even got an engine yet. I am glad I am not ALL IN

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Polaris will have it out in 2 weeks. no hype no bullshit. no deposits.... elio maybe in another 15 months???? elio aint even got an engine yet. I am glad I am not ALL IN
Yep, when the volumes are that low, the margins that high, based on a craft that is that exciting and as dangerous to match.. what a sec, no BS huh? They wil not tell you how dangerous that is. So BS still seems involved. There are known deaths in these types of vehicles, based on... Oh never mind. Just drive carefully.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

You do realize that while the Slingshot is being unveiled shortly it has been in development for at least three years that we know about and possibly much longer. Polaris is a well established company will all the necessary infrastructure and a large budget already in place to design, prototype, build, distribute, and support this vehicle yet it still takes them years to bring it to market.

Putting money down on a new vehicle company with an all new vehicle which is still under development is definitely not for everyone however it does help to be realistic and understand that even with everything in place it takes years to develop a new vehicle let alone start up a new company and fund the development of a new vehicle and all the infrastructure it takes to bring it to market.

Top Bottom