• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Posted On Spyderlovers!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://gas2.org/2013/08/16/financials-show-that-elio-motors-is-really-probably-not-gonna-happen/
This link was posted on Spyderlovers.com. Has anyone been able to verify this?
We have had some "trolls" gas2.org who have spent a lot of time and energy telling us how stupid we are and letting us know in no uncertain terms that the Elio is not going to happen. I finally put them on ignore. They are entitled to their opinions but I don't need to be told how to spend my money by some kid younger than my sons who think what I am doing is great. And by the way, I was not able to open the link. It booted me right out. LOL :-) Z

David Wedding

Elio Fan
Reaction score
We have had some "trolls" gas2.org who have spent a lot of time and energy telling us how stupid we are and letting us know in no uncertain terms that the Elio is not going to happen. I finally put them on ignore. They are entitled to their opinions but I don't need to be told how to spend my money by some kid younger than my sons who think what I am doing is great. And by the way, I was not able to open the link. It booted me right out. LOL :) Z
Hi Zelio I just tried and it opened right up for me......... I don't want to believe it.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Zelio I just tried and it opened right up for me......... I don't want to believe it.
Frankly I'm afraid to try it again. I simply wanted to see what was posted but not enough to risk getting booted out again. It literally almost instantaneously booted me out to my home page. Very weird. :-) Z

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
http://gas2.org/2013/08/16/financials-show-that-elio-motors-is-really-probably-not-gonna-happen/
This link was posted on Spyderlovers.com. Has anyone been able to verify this?

It's okay David, it's just as Josh had said:

That particular post has been making the rounds for several years in various forms and keeps popping up. If it was valid then Elio wouldn't still exist given that it was for several years ago - as in based on 2008 numbers.

It was created by skeptics trying to create doubt so that people won't try to support it. If they create enough doubt that people won't support it, then they will succeed in stopping it. The Elio is a threat to the automotive industry as it currently is. Many sources that feel threatened by what the Elio means to the masses and to the industry, will try to spread doubt in any way they can. Don't listen to them, keep watching as the Elio keeps proving them wrong step by step.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I first found out about the Elio and before I put down my money I was quoted that and a few other posts about how it would never happen. Which is the reason it took me a few months to fork over the coin to get my #. If this is/was supposed to be some kind of scam, I'd say they've spent a lot of money and done a lot of work for it. I, for one, think those people posting that crap smoked to much of the green weed in their past (maybe still are). My money is still on the Creamsicle in the 9th.

Top Bottom