• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Potholes

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI

three wheelers have THREE WHEELS !

you will quickly learn to straddle those potholes, then do a little wiggle to avoid the rear wheel thump

I am blessed to have been driving around with three wheel vehicles for 20 years, quite by accident after I sold the Harley (back surgery)

plain and simple, THEY ARE FUN !!

forget all the sales pitch

forget the gas mileage

forget the cost (?)

three wheel vehicles are a FUN way to get from point A to B

only one of my three wheelers had reverse, the Trihawk, which I sold last year

now I plan properly so I do not need reverse

the Grinnall Scorpion only weighs 800# and with 135HP engine, it is a rocket ..it CAN have reverse if you either want to forfeit one forward gear OR use the K12LT engine which uses the electric starter for reverse…

not a big deal

you do NOT need power steering, it would be overkill

the Elio IS A MOTORCYCLE…does it NEED wipers ??

what if the government decides to close the loophole ? I honestly do NOT understand how it has been open so long …three wheels is a "motorcycle" ??

go figure

I am looking at the new Polaris Slingshot, actually has a Ford Ecotec engine ? AWESOME ! a dependable reliable available engine ! AMERICAN MADE ! is someone asked me I would GLADLY pay an additional $1000. for that engine !

OMG

think about that dependability ! a good solid American made engine that would drop right in and be serviceable anywhere in the USA !!

THAT WOULD BE A SERIOUS SELLING POINT !

upload_2014-10-18_10-21-11.jpeg

http://www.elioowners.com/search/609140/?q=potholes&o=date&c[node]=8

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pot holes will not be a big issue , you hit them with 4 wheels you hit them with two wheels you hit them with every other three wheeler on the road already.
There are a lot of three wheelers on the road look around. Most pot holes are in the part of the road wheels travel in most not the center anyway.

Top Bottom